92 chevy beretta

Guest tintjake

ok, here's an intelligent answer for an 'uninformed' consumer...what this means is that you simply don't know the answer, not meant as an insult....as far as 3M versus 'regular' tint.....'regular' tint could be anything....here's the skinny on keeping your car cooler in the summer.

1. need to know what film percentage (percent of light that passes through the film) is legal in your state.

2. keep it legal...it's safer for our children, and keeps the blood sucking attorneys looking for work.

3. there are a few 'types' of tint, 'regular' or dyed..it will fade, and will probably bubble in a few years, there's also 'metallized' which means that there's a layer of metal manufactured into the film to give it more of an insulating property in order to reject more heat....they MAY fade (get a little lighter) over several years, usually they won't change color as in from 'smoke' to purple...usually they have a lifetime warranty covering color change, or peeling, etc....there are also some hybrid films.....that contain part metal, ant part dyed, or part extruded...in MY opinion (and there are many opinions on this board) I'd go with a metallized film for longevity and heat reduction.

as for what particular brand, there are many (I personally do not install 3m, doesn't mean I don't like it, just means I don't install it) what I would do, is shop around in your area, or check out the tinters registry at the top right corner of this site.....you will want to look at some of the work that the tinter's do, check on the warranty, ask how many pieces the rear window will be in (should be done in as little as possoble to achieve a nicer look in MY opinion) also ask how long the tinter has been tinting.....hope this helps you make an informed purchase :DD

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DJ Malachai

[for some reason there was no Edit button for my post]

~~Need a higher degree of participation in this forum to receive the benefit of edit.

As for me not being a "tinter". Listen, I came to this forum because I own 4 cars and only one of them is tinted. I wanted to see how economically sound it would be for me to try tinting my own windows. As I can see that it's probably something akin to removing my engine and rebuilding it, I do not think that I have the patience to tint. I might. Right now I'm more concerned with maintainence on my cars.

~~Try wrapping a bowl with tin foil or paper without wrinkling it... that is as close as one can get in describing what it is like to tint auto glass.

However, I do have questions about film. On my girlfriend's car it's just some regular film. Someone wants me to get 3M on my Beretta because it gets hotter than her car did. He said 3M on the Beretta will give me a better heat reduction than the regular tint.

~~3M makes 55,000 consumer products, though other film makers may not have the benefit of a household name, their focus is usually on one product only... window film.

It's been said... shop around.

Is this true?

~~Absolutely NOT!

Simple request... can the gearhead discussion be taken up elsewhere? :thumb

Guest DJ Malachai

Well,

The tint was added to my Beretta.

He used the 3M film with a lifetime guarantee.

He had to do the back window in two pieces.

It looks excellent. I will show some pics if anyone's interested.

This is the last thing I'm going to say about any talk about my "crappy Beretta" and about hanging with the "big dogs" and sticking to the 15 second bracket.

DId you happen to know that you can put a 3800 Stage II supercharged engine from a Pontiac Grand Prix or any of the other cars that came with an L67 into a Beretta?

:rollin

Did you know that the fastest Beretta with the original Beretta engine is a Quad 4 which runs at 13.3 in the Quarter mile?

And, finally, you can modify a 3800 Series II in a Beretta to run mid-12's.

And that's exactly what I am going to do :rollin

DJ Malachai

djbanner1.jpg

:D

:D (and for the record, the Beretta GTZ is the fastest beretta..a friend of mine had one, it did have the quad 4 with a 5 speed, but the quad 4 is a junk motor....GM has had problems with it all kinds of problems :D)

:D

:D (and for the record, the Beretta GTZ is the fastest beretta..a friend of mine had one, it did have the quad 4 with a 5 speed, but the quad 4 is a junk motor....GM has had problems with it all kinds of problems :D)

I don't know much about the specs of cars...however I noticed thatused Beretta's are dirt cheap to buy compared to other cars of that yr. around here...guess now I know why..not that I'd ever buy one cause I don't want to tint it ! :D

Archived