audi A8

Guest Beeline

When removing all that stuff from an A8, there are rear airbags that have to get unplugged and if you turn power on before plugging them back in, the car will need to go to the dealership to get reset.

I learned that one the hard way. F'n A8's.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TiNtArTiSt790
I tint many of these cars, I just take out the headrests and leave the deck in. There are squeegys that can fit in the area at the bottom of the glass.

just a question cause we do alot of A8's here but how in the world do u get the headrests out with out taking the back deck out....seems to me its impossible...feedback needed

I tint many of these cars, I just take out the headrests and leave the deck in. There are squeegys that can fit in the area at the bottom of the glass.

just a question cause we do alot of A8's here but how in the world do u get the headrests out with out taking the back deck out....seems to me its impossible...feedback needed

Well, its not the easiest thing in the world, but they actually come out just by pulling! You need a little strength, but after you do it once they come out easier. Putting them back takes some technique, but you'll get it!!

Guest TiNtArTiSt790

Well, its not the easiest thing in the world, but they actually come out just by pulling! You need a little strength, but after you do it once they come out easier. Putting them back takes some technique, but you'll get it!!

thanx bro...appreciate the help...have one coming in this week...gonna give in a try :beer

Guest windowtintpros

A friend dropped off a 04 A8 to tint. After checking it out for 30min or so, I wasn't going to tackle it. The info I got reading this forum has at least got me interested in giving it a go. I let you know how it went. Thanks for the motivation :thumbdown

Guest haroldshouseoftint
I'v havent tinted a new one...seen em...they look like a pain in the bottox... :thumbdown

I do have a tool that would get in there...I just hope that day never comes... :lol2

now that I'v said it , It's gonna happen.... :lol

:klingon

:dunno

I'll send 2 of em to ya at 1pm tommorow :klingon:klingon

Guest windowtintpros

Well, I tried it and it worked great. I didn't really want to be defeated by a car after 15 years of tinting.

I removed the headrests, one piece back window, perfect install with the Bulldozer squeegee. A couple of pointers I picked up on my first attempt: The headrest posts don't slide very well so I gave them a shot of WD40 before I tried to pull them out. Made a big difference. You do have to pull on them quite hard, back a forth but they came. Also on re-installation I noticed it was easier to start the post in the hole with the push button first. Get it going then force the other post in. Then put your shoulder into the headrest and push, fairly hard and voila, back down they go.

Also, I green taped the speaker grills at the very back so water wouldn't get in them.

I swear, a couple of hours ago I wasn't going to attempt this car, but the input from Tintdude made all the difference.

Happy tinting! :thumbdown

Archived