new jetta

Guest tintgod

Guest ninjatinter
I trim the fizzzzuck out of dat seal :lol2

[*]382354

:dunno They will never know anyway and it isn't damaging the seal by any means...if you do it right that is :lol

[*]382440

Wow you guys worry me ... I think when I do get my 06 Jetta tinted I'll bring a printout of this thread :beer

[*]390820

I suppose you would rather have a big light gap? :beer

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all you tinters of VW's...

I'm new here, but I am not a tinter, which is why I didn't post in the Intro section.  I'm just here for my boss heh...  I work in an auto detailing shop and 2 guys do the tinting.  Both of them h@te doing VW's... Well, German cars in general heh..  Anyways, they both wanna know how to pull the panels off the new 2006 VW's, especially the Jetta and Passat....

I'd like to know if there are any hidden screws that have to be taken out.  I've seen 2 screws - just below the side-rearview mirror (for the front doors) and another on the bottom (all doors)...  Just wondering if there are any in the door handles.  Or is it all just poppers?

Thanks in advance...

[*]389084

There are also small torx screws along the bottom of each panel, pop off the covers on the handles, there are two bigger torx screws behind there, BE CAREFUL NOT TO BREAK THE WINDOW SWITCH!!! If you "hang" the rear door panel by the wire going to the window switch, it WILL break.... I use a box or bucket to keep the panel up level with the door....

Guest the.ronin
I suppose you would rather have a big light gap? :thumb

[*]390839

I was just joking man ... I know you guys (at least most of you guys) take great pride in your job. You just gotta understand that coming from someone on the outside, it all sounds rather scary. :thumb

Archived