new jetta

Guest tintgod

Guest tintgod

I did one of these lastnight...and decided to take the panels off...holy sheit...I have done one of these before...but I dont remember the pops on the bastards being that hard to pop off...im wondering if it wasnt an 06 1/2 with different pops on the panels.

I tell you what...if I ever do another one ...the top of the panel is getting pulled and the seal coming out that way.. :beer

has anyone else taken the panels off on these cars?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod

and usually....I take the windows out on these cars..cuz in the previous years...it only took a 10mm bolt to loosen...and released a clamp..and the window was out...not anymore...I couldnt figure how to take it out.. :beer

I have tinted a few of these. The first one I did, the door panel fasteners poped so loud, you could here it outside the shop. I finakky figured out on the second car, if you take the panel puller tool and just barely pop the fastener, the hole clip slides right out. This works kinda like the old push peg on the upper corner of the small toyota trucks.

Guest tintgod
the panels pops have a center point when looking at them from the side.  push your panel popper into that center point and it spreads the pops apart and they come right out.

[*]382286

yeah..I was looking at those....I will try that on the next one :beer

maybe... :inot

Guest tintgod
Does anyone take out the quarters on these, or just trim the seal?

[*]382326

the one that I did...didnt need any trimming...it had matrix around it..but the rubber seal had a gap so that you can slide the film up past it....dont of the rubber does over lap the matix...I may have just got lucky on this one..the panels were hard enough on this car..I dont want to mess with taking the 1/4s out..I didnt even check to see if they can be taken out..I will check on my next one though for ya. :mad

that later models I take out though

Archived