Llumar vs Suntek

Guest Johnny5104

Guest skeeter

Take a piece of HP 20 CH and mount it on a flat wall glass beside ATR 20 CH. Then do the same with a flat film, say SY15 and V14. There is a difference. CP's polyesther is clearer, and the quality control that flies out Commonwealth's door is far inferior to that that CP delivers. But it is less expensive so you should expect as much. If you say it is the same your expectations are probably mediocre.

I can easily disagree with you there. I used Llumar for over 7 years, switched to Suntek just over a year ago. When we first got Suntek in, I DID put them side by side on some sample windows to see what the difference was. HP30/ATR30, HP15/ATR15, INF35/PP35. I could not tell the difference. Then I laid the invoices from Llumar next to the ones from Suntek, and I saw a HUGE difference. By the way, my expectations are far from mediocre. As far as flat film, I don't know. I don't do much flat glass (yet). Heck, I couldn't tell you what any numbers were right now.

Guest skeeter

If all you need are standard films, them go with them. If you want Spectrally Selective options to compete with V Kool 40/70, CP has them. If you want something to compare to Huper's Stark, CP has it. If you want two entire different lines in both flat and auto to consider, CP has it. You are comparing two extremely different film companies from a technological stand point. Technology cost.....

Guest TintBeoch

We've used all the films out there & are currently using Suntek now. We have had alot of luck w/ it. Not only is the price great but the shrinkability, and factory color match are great also and you can't beat their customer service which means alot when you are a business owner.

Guest Litespeeds
If you want Spectrally Selective options to compete with V Kool 40/70, CP has them.

If you want something to compare to Huper's Stark, CP has it. 

Hey Skeeter,

I didn't know that CP films made spectrally selective films. I am very curious what they currently have that is comparable to V-Kool and Huper Optik Ceramic films. Please post the VLT and SER numbers so we can do some comparison.

What is the sq. ft. cost for those high end films from CP?

I guess what most people are comparing to is the ATR charcoal with the HP charcoal as they really are very similar. Dollar for dollar, you can't beat Suntek films. We will just have to see in the long run how well it holds up. :cooldot

Guest Johnny5104

I choose Suntek because their customer service is the best I have ever come in contact with...in regards to any business! If you're looking for people who will help you at almost all costs...these are the people to go with.

1. the quality control that flies out Commonwealth's door is far� inferior to that that CP delivers.� 

2. Technology cost.....

1. Big difference between converter and manufacturer. CP is the only vertically integrated manufacturer; I.e., able to control all aspects of the process under one roof, which dramatically improves quality and thereby increasing cost of goods sold.

Converter's outsource for components from manufacturer's, ordering to their own specs and do not have the same level of quality control over a component, being delivered, a manufacturer has. Converter's leach from others to gain a market position (Kinda like that low-ball tinter we all loath down the street).

Buy a coating and laminating machine yourself, source your components from the big guys, choose a name for your film, and presto... you are in the game. Profilon is a good example of this.

2. Technology costs alright... buy a brand new DVD writer today compared to a few years from now (after others get in the game and make their own writer) and see the first DVD developed get clobbered and bashed by the gold diggers wanting their fair share. Then watch the defections from that original.

Pure capitalism...

:cooldot