Frameless Rollups

Tinters,

What is the best technique or process for cutting frameless rollups? I have cut on the outside but upon installing, the film does not lineup correctly on the inside. Have anyone tried cutting frameless rollups on the inside???

I have done a search, but to no avail.......... :(

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tinters,

What is the best technique or process for cutting frameless rollups? I have cut on the outside but upon installing, the film does not lineup correctly on the inside. Have anyone tried cutting frameless rollups on the inside???

I have done a search, but to no avail.......... :(

[*]392462

Do it all the time with cars like the Subarus.

But then again I have the trims off. It takes about 45 seconds per door to remove.

Devil

Guest NokTint

I used to cut on the outside, then trim sides about a mil on each side. slip on and leave micro gap at top. I trim side of rubbers. comes out all good. I think im gonna start filing.

They make a tool for cutting a straight edge, but the gap is about a 1/8 inch, or 3.175mm for you metric guys. I did not like that wide of an edge, so I made my own tool to cut a smaller gap. None of my customers complain, go figure. :lol2:hmmm

Guest Beeline

OLD SCHOOL.... (passenger side) line up the bottom. cut the left edge using the glass edge. cut right side. move film from left to right just enough where you can see daylight. tack into place. cut top using the glass edge. should be perfect fit.

Guest TINTINGCOWBOY

I slip side to side,or shift one way,I always line up the curve after so I can see.I like to shave windows when I have time,about shifting I analyze the rubbersfirst,there is another way for all side glassesput the pattern on the interior overlap the edges on the outside extend youre blade long and scribe on the rubber cut on board.hi expert,miss you.

Archived