NEED HELP on 04 CLK back 1/4 roll ups

smookee408@yahoo.com

I also need help on this one. this is one tough window to do. I tried cutting the pattern and it's really hard to get the rear edge because of the way the window rolls down. The way I did this window was cut it like a normal quarter window and shift up and cut the rest. I dont like the way it turned out. I got contamination. Custy is coming back on tuesday for me to fix. Any suggestion would be greatly apperciated.

Guest Olfablade

You can use a straight edge ruler to cut down the angle on the rear point as any gap would not be noticable once the window goes down and rear in it's travel. The more involved solution is to pull out the upper trim and lay the film and heat up, and hard card the back point with the window in the full up position. Then with the window tinted and down, reinstall the upper trim piece. :evileye

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

Have someone stand outside of the car, grab hold of the 1/4 glass with it rolled down just enough to clear the upper trim. Get the helper to pull back on the glass enough to pull the window out from the inner gasket, then slip the film down into place. :evileye

Thank you so much for your advice ofla and 1 peec I really apperciate it. I'm also going to do what I do on some roll ups which is lower the window all the way and tape the seal back against the panel that should help because its one less thing to worry about. I'm gonna save the liner for next time. thanks

Hey I tried 1 peec trick and it didnt work for me. Thanks anyways I really apperciate it the trick from ofla did work. This car is a pain. I found out that the quarter don't roll all the way up

even when I jammed a yellow turbo between the door switch and the locking mech. The only way the quarters roll all the way up is roll the front windows all the way up and jam the switch.

Rolling the quarter all the way down and taping back the seal with two inch masking tape really help alot getting the film to slip in towards the back. thanks everyone hopefully this helps someone in the future.

Archived