My Door panels

Guest DVSoul

Guest zolar
Awesome looking work there DV! :eyebrows

Anyone can become an over night trim success with Zolars pattented trimming tricks.  :evilgrin 

Z, you should write a 'how to' book on that shiot mang. :whisper

[*]397717

I am going to call some old friends at Car Audio mag and AS&S, and Auto Trimmer

and give 'em a how to.

It is a solid technique, and would help a lot of folks.

:whisper:klingon

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DVSoul

You should. you dont have any idea of how long I looked for advice on custom vinyl / upholstery. your technique has me rethinkin alot of projects ive been workin on.

you rock!!

Now if I could find the right article on learning to paint....

You should. you dont have any idea of how long I looked for advice on custom vinyl / upholstery. your technique has me rethinkin alot of projects ive been workin on.

you rock!!

Now if I could find the right article on learning to paint....

[*]397742

Painting is easy, it's the prep work that counts. :thumb

Guest DVSoul

Yea, I just dont know the details..like, how and what to mix paint with. proper atomization, how to control a run if I get one, what tempeture should I or shouldnt I paint in...im just unsure

Yea, I just dont know the details..like, how and what to mix paint with. proper atomization, how to control a run if I get one, what tempeture should I or shouldnt I paint in...im just unsure

[*]398063

Your local paint store will be glad to help you with your questions.

Different paint systems mix in different ways and in different ratios.

Most times the mixing instructions are on the label.
If you have a little extra cash, go to the paint store and buy yourself a quart or so of a decent quality paint, reducer and clear.
Then try some test panels.

BUT!!!!!!

Be sure to read the MSDS Sheets! That stuff is toxic and can cause health problems later on in life.
Respirators and gloves are a must have!!!

I have been reading this for awhile, I was wondering if you can use standard Weldwood contant cement, rather than landau, also can landau be brushed rather than sprayed, I only have airbrush for scale models, do it would not be suitable

thank you very much in advance,

Yev

I've been following this post also and am trying Z's method of removing fabric with MEK, the problem is the landau cement doesn't want to stay stuck on the vinyl where there is any tension on the vinyl. The cement releases from the vinyl it seems because there is no material to stay stuck to. Any ideas why it's not adhering to the vinyl? I'm am using a heat gun to dry the landau adhesive to the vinyl. I'm also using forms to hold in place. Thanks, any help appreciated.

Archived