Just venting

Ok so last thursday my mother went into the emergency room with stomach pain. Now it takes alot for her to go to the hospital. After bieng seen She was sent into emergency surgery. Turns out she has a hole in her intestine,and her appendix is going into it, and poisoning her body. When they open her up they find a large mass on her liver. Of course thier first though is it may be cancer. Wont know the results of the biopsie untill tomorrow. So then thursday night while laying in the icu, she has a stroke. Jesus christ what next right. It has been almost a week now, and the only thing I know is that she is still alive . I dont know if she has cancer, I dont know if she will be able to walk talk or be her self again. I dont even know if her surgery has saved her life yet.

The only good news in the past week has been. she has moved her right toes. So she is not completley paralized on the right side. How much of her right side will she gain back. Only time will tell that.

Because the stroke was caused by hypertension and not a blod clot. It is a betterchance of her brain working normal again, but not definate.

The worst part of it all is last mont she seen a doctor. Who said well your blood pressure is down, thats good. No sign's of internal organ damage. The reason her blood pressure was down . Was because she was septic due to the hole in the intestine. Alot of her problems now could have been avoided. Had this jerk off doctor known what he was talking about.

No need to reply to this, and please if you do. Dont think I am bien rude if I dont post a reply . For a few days after you reply. I am only trying to vent my frustration, and anger

First off my family will have her in our prayers. Remember keep your faith and also keep your powder dry for tomorrow?s battles. IMO you must treat situations like this like a fight. Today?s health care is horrible. Dealing with doctors you have to be a mix of a fighter and a diplomat. Get online and read up all you can about what is happening to her body so you will know what I call the score. Doctors have lots of patients to treat and you have just one, your mother. Insist on answers! The person who graduates last in their class at medical school is still called doctor, don?t me afraid of making them mad. My advice comes with experience and the best advice I have is

KEEP YOUR FAITH IN GOD - BE BOLD ? BE STRONG

Your friend Duggan?s dad

My patient

Thank you for all of your kind words!!

She finaly woke up yesterday for the first time in a week, and they had her off the ventilator for most of the day. They still havent said anything about the results of thew biopsie yet, but at least there is some improvement . However small it may be is better then none

Archived