Don't ask a cop for directions

Be carefull, baltimore is a very racially and economicaly divided city.

It is a well known fact that you will get pulled over for DWW (driving while white).

According to the police a white person has no business whatsover in large sections of baltimore city other than to buy dr*gs in the open air markets. Most people in baltimore roll their eyes when I complain about it because to them they think it is true and the way it is. To me what it says is that "we will pull over every white person who drives through cherry hill because they are definatly there to score, but we will just wait to see someone black do something wrong before we try to entrap him with blind interrogations and searches."

My suggestion if you plan on drinking in baltimore or carrying some kind of contraband or having illegal plates etc know your way! as long as you see the stadium or harbor right next to you you are cool.

The Bmore police have 1 or 2 or more public embaresments like this a year, and they are usually more violent.

one more thing, you do NOT want to be in Baltimore City central booking. it is a nasty place that drives in reality. I have been locked up twice, once in the city, and once in the county. The city booking jail is a concrete floor, with a long block of concrete that is supposed to be a bench, and a toilet. and its 60 degrees; 4 people to an 8x10. The county cell, well that one they just kept us as a group in a common area, I got a mattress too.

Most people have no idea how miserable these people must of been in that cell(the first one I described) especially if they lived a life of no crime and no mental preparedness.

I would sue the city, Central booking is a dangerous place.

Guest Tintin' Magician

I got pulled over for driving while white in B-More a few years ago. I was on my way home from a job and pulled over to grab some paperwork to read off to my boss on my cell phone and the next thing I know... :dunno right behind me! They came up to my window and asked what I was doing in this part of town. I said I was stopping to get some paperwork and then he said you're a long way from New York (I had new york plates on my new explorer) and I said not really, only 2 1/2 hours. Well, that must've pissed him off cuz the next thing I know I was sitting on the stoop in 'cuffs watching them tear apart my brand new explorer. After an hour of sitting out there and them asking me a bajillion questions they finally let me go. Not before somewhat kindly reminding me of where I was! I personally have nothing against cops, have quite a few in the family, but there are quite a few that can be complete a$$holes!

Guest a1wintinter

I used to live in Baltimore about 6 years ago and it was pretty dangerous city, the dr*gs were really bad.

There were a few cases of dr*g dealers shooting plain clothes cops during dr*g stings, the people there are not afraid of cops and not afraid to shoot them.So the cops have to be tough on the dr*g crimes.

Archived