20 Years ago

Guest Eclipse

My first car I tinted was an old Subaru Wagon. I patterned the side 4 doors and installed them. I was so proud of my first installation, until I rolled the windows all the way up, and had a 1 inch gap at the bottom of all four windows. I had forgotten to roll up the windows all the way before patterning them. I was pissed.

Those of us who were tinting way back in the day had a sh it storm of horrible cars to work on.

If you have been learning to tint within the last 4 or 5 years. You have it made. Cars are much easier to tint now.

You got that right. :thumb

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those of us who were tinting way back in the day had a sh it storm of horrible cars to work on.

Man that is so true and that was when the new cars rolled in :spit not to mention when the early and late model 70's cars rolled in. My favorite :spit was the VW vans with the curtans. :hide

Guest MidcoastMW
I started what would be a long, trying road...Window Tinting.

I have been blessed over the years at this trade, however, I wouldn't want to start over again.

The learning curve for me was quite some time. I think it took me a couple of years, to get to

a point where I was confident at tinting.

Even to this day I have challenges, but I get a great deal of enjoyment and satisfaction out

of the look on my customers face when they come back to pick up their "baby" and it looks

so much better after I have performed my "magic" on the windows. I guess that is why I

have stuck with it for so long.

I have no words of wisdom, only encouragement to those who are struggling at that point in

the learning curve. It will get better. Stick with it and you will find, that one day, it will have

become second nature to you. Don't give up.

Thanks Ric, for this place. I look forward to many years to come, sharing and learning from

others experiences on this board. :spit

Steve

Congrats on the 20, and more!! Very well said, and encouraging!! :spit

Guest tintchic
congrats Steve :spit 20 years ago last month was when I tinted my first windows. 1986 Nissan Pickup. man it looked like shiat :hide

oh yeah, mine was a 82 model datsun 280........... :spit the whole time......but I was like that little red engine that could

Guest willie
My first car I tinted was an old Subaru Wagon. I patterned the side 4 doors and installed them. I was so proud of my first installation, until I rolled the windows all the way up, and had a 1 inch gap at the bottom of all four windows. I had forgotten to roll up the windows all the way before patterning them. I was pissed.

If you have been learning to tint within the last 4 or 5 years. You have it made. Cars are much easier to tint now.

amen brotha :spit

Guest Eclipse

I have only used Madico (when I started) and 3m. I really like using the 3m product. I am sure if I had used a number of other brands, I would be able to make a more educated assesment.

Archived