How to hook up power washer to a water tank

Guest Ultimate Detailing

Guest Ultimate Detailing

I'm starting up a mobile car detailing business in New Jersey and I tried hooking my power washer to of baby pool I have in my back yard but the power washer wasn't getting any water but if I get a water tank will it get water or is there a special power washer I need or sometihng please help me out thanks a alot guys

Guest WASHBOY

Water has to move, therefore gravity will make water sit still if nothing is making it move. Go to your local hard wood store and buy a water pump.

Connect water tank to a on/off switch, run a hose of the end of the switch, which runs into a pump that pushes the water through the hoses. I ran a another big hose off the end of the pump, so I can extend out as far as I need. The pressure washer connects to the end of the garden hose.

Guest danny30

if I put a on/off switch at the bottom of the tank would gravaty bring the water to the power washer?? and if nto what kind of pump to get?? just a regular pond or fountain pump would do??

Guest WASHBOY

No, off of the on/off switch needs a hose or in my case copper pipe that connects on the in. side of the pump( I use a pond pump and it works perfect) the pump will send the water into a another hose the connects to the pressure washer. Remember, that gravity has very little pressure therefore you need to create it for the water to move into your pressure washer!

on/off-----------------pump-------------------pressure washer

No, off of the on/off switch needs a hose or in my case copper pipe that connects on the in. side of the pump( I use a pond pump and it works perfect) the pump will send the water into a another hose the connects to the pressure washer. Remember, that gravity has very little pressure therefore you need to create it for the water to move into your pressure washer!

on/off-----------------pump-------------------pressure washer

I agree, I tried doing the gravity feed deal at first, it works ok until the level gets low.

When I did houses, I just used a 100ft hose and connected to their water supply.

Never did autos mobile, you will definately need a pump if you have to rely on tanked water. :evilgrin

Guest netslacker

You are probably using one of those home center pressure washers. I professional unit will draw the water from a tank just fine. Some of the online detail suppliers sell great units.

I use a 4000 psi. pressure washer that I can turn the pressure up or down. It has a 13 hp Honda motor and a General pump on it. The best pumps are Cat. or General. Also I put a By-Pass hose on it so I can leave the pressure washer running while I am putting soap on the car. What happens is the water is circulating threw the water tank and the pressure washer. Like a radiator on a car. It is very simple to do. This machine sucks the water out of the tank. You don't need a small motor to pull water from your tank. It will save you alot of time, Not having to go back and fourth turning your pressure washer off because you might burn up the valves in the pump. If you want I will send pic. of my unit and show you what am talking about. The down side of this is this pressure washer was @ 1200.00 dollars. But it is a belt driven not a shaft driven like most pressure washers. If you have any question send me a PM. :dunno

Guest mikedieselboy
I use a 4000 psi. pressure washer that I can turn the pressure up or down. It has a 13 hp Honda motor and a General pump on it. The best pumps are Cat. or General. Also I put a By-Pass hose on it so I can leave the pressure washer running while I am putting soap on the car. What happens is the water is circulating threw the water tank and the pressure washer. Like a radiator on a car. It is very simple to do. This machine sucks the water out of the tank. You don't need a small motor to pull water from your tank. It will save you alot of time, Not having to go back and fourth turning your pressure washer off because you might burn up the valves in the pump. If you want I will send pic. of my unit and show you what am talking about. The down side of this is this pressure washer was @ 1200.00 dollars. But it is a belt driven not a shaft driven like most pressure washers. If you have any question send me a PM. :gasp

Hey tmd325

Can you send me a pic of the unit that you are talking about?

Thanks,

Mike

Guest streetsounds
I use a 4000 psi. pressure washer that I can turn the pressure up or down. It has a 13 hp Honda motor and a General pump on it. The best pumps are Cat. or General. Also I put a By-Pass hose on it so I can leave the pressure washer running while I am putting soap on the car. What happens is the water is circulating threw the water tank and the pressure washer. Like a radiator on a car. It is very simple to do. This machine sucks the water out of the tank. You don't need a small motor to pull water from your tank. It will save you alot of time, Not having to go back and fourth turning your pressure washer off because you might burn up the valves in the pump. If you want I will send pic. of my unit and show you what am talking about. The down side of this is this pressure washer was @ 1200.00 dollars. But it is a belt driven not a shaft driven like most pressure washers. If you have any question send me a PM. :lol

I would also like to c a pic of the by-pass that sounds like a great idea but im a lil confused on how to do it

and a little common sence tip make sure the lid is off the tank when runnin the pw or the gravity will not feed very well

Guest mstream17
I use a 4000 psi. pressure washer that I can turn the pressure up or down. It has a 13 hp Honda motor and a General pump on it. The best pumps are Cat. or General. Also I put a By-Pass hose on it so I can leave the pressure washer running while I am putting soap on the car. What happens is the water is circulating threw the water tank and the pressure washer. Like a radiator on a car. It is very simple to do. This machine sucks the water out of the tank. You don't need a small motor to pull water from your tank. It will save you alot of time, Not having to go back and fourth turning your pressure washer off because you might burn up the valves in the pump. If you want I will send pic. of my unit and show you what am talking about. The down side of this is this pressure washer was @ 1200.00 dollars. But it is a belt driven not a shaft driven like most pressure washers. If you have any question send me a PM. :nope

Hey would email a picture of your set up to me also. It sounds pretty cool.

Archived