is this shitty tint?

Guest ctru34

Guest Zrok

here's another idea, go to your local tint shop, and purchase some 'cash and carry' good stuff...it's gonna be more than 15 bucks, but the tinter can give you enough to do your whole car, instead of 6.5 feet. and it'll be better quality film.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DontWorryItWillDry

Hmmmm......still questions about Gila.

OK, what I think EVERY veteran tinter is trying to say is:

piss2.gif Gila Film p1ss.gif

Guest Rama

FYI, do any of you know who makes GILA? Other than Gila of course, it happens to be none other than the high and mighty LLUMAR!!! I found this out after my competitor using Llumar was telling everyone the film I used was made by the same company that made cheap gila film. That spurred me to action to find out who did make Gila, and then his words came back to haunt him, as I could now say the exact same thing, supplanting his mfg instead of mine! (Didn't of course, Gila, such a low blow!)

Guest Tint Guru

Most of the DIY film is B grade that does not pass quality standards. It may already have some dust ( at no additional cost ) and little grainyness. I have hung some it is thin too. Lets face it a lot of installers use non metalized that turn purple anyways.

I have got 2 jobs from people looking at that crap in auto parts stores. One time they followed me home to do a work van for $100 4 windows 2 back and 2 side doors. It started to rain so I cut that patterns real quick and took them in the van while it down poured. What a pain there was so much crap I nthe van it was tuff moving around.

Good tinter Bad Film :cool

Bad tinter Great film :cool

Remember this, you are only going to tint your car one time. Dont you want the best on it?

That is my close for metalized, works every time except for the kid who has to scrounge up enough for the job in the first place.

Guest tintslut

, ,,,, Before Cpfilms, Courtaulds,, there was Martin Processing, Owned by Don Martin. Gila was purchased by Martin

Processing some time in '88, along with Gila's Professional Film Line,

INSULFILM. Wasnt INSULFILM the first film line to offer a lifetime warranty?

Insulfilm was discontinued In favor of LLumar, but since Gila

had a market presence the name Stayed... Most of the Gila film is B or C type film...YOu dont think they throw all manufacturers defects away , DO YOU?... The cuts it into itty bitty boxes and sell it driveway tinters

who put it on with windex and a worn ice scraper...

Guarantee Walmart sells more Gila film than the biggest 3m dealer in the nation :cool

Archived