Question for the top tinters/tint shops

Guest Tintim

Guest Tintim

Hello,

Always trying to get more business - currently trying to persuade car dealers to sell tint over the factory fitted option. Aside from the obvious advantages of window tinting over factory glass - that it can be removed and holds glass together somewhat. (I know there's loads more)

I was wondering if anyone here has used a top of the range UV Light Meter to measure the heat (thermal radiation), Ultra violet rejection, etc, of factory tinted glass from say Mercedes, BMW, Land Rover and other companies and compared it to filmed glass.

If someone has and there is a reasonable difference I would be very interested in the figures. I know film manufacturers have this data but I'm surprised that, if favourable, the results are not used more as a sales aid.

Many thanks

:gasp

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan
Hello,

Always trying to get more business - currently trying to persuade car dealers to sell tint over the factory fitted option. Aside from the obvious advantages of window tinting over factory glass - that it can be removed and holds glass together somewhat. (I know there's loads more)

I was wondering if anyone here has used a top of the range UV Light Meter to measure the heat (thermal radiation), Ultra violet rejection, etc, of factory tinted glass from say Mercedes, BMW, Land Rover and other companies and compared it to filmed glass.

If someone has and there is a reasonable difference I would be very interested in the figures. I know film manufacturers have this data but I'm surprised that, if favourable, the results are not used more as a sales aid.

Many thanks

:gasp

I believe PPG has a lot of info on their website for the auto glass they make.

Guest solarspot
they dont pay s**t

:rollin:lol:beer:beer:cool:lol:bat:rollin:blah:blah:bingo:bingo:bingo:bingo

yep and they expect you to b johnny on the spot

but its a good way to get started and once I get away from it

I will never go back! :lol

Guest Tintim

:lol6 Thanks for taking the time to reply guys.

I know some dealerships want cheap jobs and some have no loyalty but there are some good ones out there who want quality, do pay, and provide a very steady flow of work. Maybe things are a little different here in the UK.

We've being growing for seven years largely because of them.

Anyway I'm getting off the point - has anyone used a top end light meter to compare factory tinted glass and filmed glass for Thermal radiation and UV etc. I want to use such a device to convince the dealerships, but thought someone here would have done so already. anyone :nohit:

Guest willie

:lol6

I know some dealerships want cheap jobs and some have no loyalty but there are some good ones out there who want quality, do pay, and provide a very steady flow of work. Maybe things are a little different here in the UK.

I luv my dealer accounts. I can count on 30-40 cars and trucks a month, and they all pay on the 10th. They pay the same price as the retail customer and havent had any trouble with them yet. :nohit:

Archived