Do all customers know more than us.......

Guest signjoe

Guest signjoe

Hi all,

Had a call on my mobile (cellphone) Saturday afternoon from a call centre number...... some Azz who wanted tint, but with an attitude.

Call goes something like this:

Me: Hello?

Azz: Hello mate, saw your ad on the internet and I want a price for tinting on my new car

Me: What year and model is it?

Azz: 2006 Astra 3 door

*For tintdude people unfarmiliar with this car, it's a small 3 door compact hatchback

Me: That'll be about ?1**.00

Azz: Is that for the whole car?

Me: No, By law we can only tint the windows behind the driver...

Azz: Yea , but I want them all done so why can't you do them

Me: Like I just Said - it's illegal....

Azz: But It must be ok because I see loads of cars with front windows done and Iwant them done as well

Me: OK, Why don't you cancel your insurance as well, because illegal modifications will invalidate it, so if you're tinting your front windows, your insurance will be invalid.....

Then the azzole makes some mumbled excuse and just hangs up...... :rollin

3 minutes later the mobile rings again and it's the same number ( the Azz! ), so I ignore it, and the azz phones back 6 times, over the next hour and a half.

I didn't bother answering the calls

I don't know about the rest of you but I can do without customers like this, and I get a couple of them a week!

Is it just me or do customers know it all; all over the world?

Cheers

Joe

my customers usually don't get to even see me.....I use other shops to sell for me and I just have to deal with the tinting!

gotta love the customer who says they have tinted their own before and that they know how.......then they try to nit pick out every little thing wrong....

or one of my favorites was "my uncle tints and he would not have done that bad of a job" take it to your figgin uncle then and leave me alone.....

tint is far too imperfect of an art to be picked apart....

When I hear the "I see other cars with dark tint." remark I tell them...."You see people speeding in their vehicles also but that doesnt make it legal just because they aren`t getting caught at that exact moment you see them."

OR

"You see people buying and selling Dr*gs and not getting caught also" "just because they are not getting caught that doesnt make it legal."

"I choose to be part of the solution and not the problem"

Guest willie
This job would be great if it wasn't for the customers :lol6

:rollin

When I hear the "I see other cars with dark tint." remark I tell them...."You see people speeding in their vehicles also but that doesnt make it legal just because they aren`t getting caught at that exact moment you see them."

OR

"You see people buying and selling Dr*gs and not getting caught also" "just because they are not getting caught that doesnt make it legal."

"I choose to be part of the solution and not the problem"

well said :lol6

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

maybe he was calling back to say he'd just get the back done from you and you never answered :bingo anyway, I've definately cutback on the illegal tinting now that im working at someone elses shop but I still dont see why its legal to go...what is it 20 or 35% in AZ but its a lesser % here in cali. Just because it gets hotter there does it mean its safer to drive with? could we limo the windshields legally if it were hotter than hell somewhere...I dont get it, just another form of control by the government I say :lol2

Archived