Buying film w/o a business license?

Guest vital

Guest vital

I used to partner with a friend who owned a car stereo/alarm shop and I would take care of the window tinting business there. Well he recently sold the shop and the new owner and I are having problems so I'm gonna go mobile instead. So anyone know any decent film distributors that will sell me film without a business license now that I can't get my film from my friend's car stereo shop anymore?

Guest Texasrocker

You dont necessarily need a "Business" Tax ID # to be in business depending on your locale? Depending on your "county,State, & City laws", it may be possible for you to go to your local Tax Office, and purchase a "Assumed Name" license for your business as a "sole-proprietorship". However, once you do that, you will have to give a "permanent name for Business, Location of business, and if your inside "city limits", you must collect and pay "sales taxes" to your local "comptrollers office" 4-times per year (quarterly). off your invoice receipts. I would recommend you consult a good CPA, in your area first. Sometimes, your personal SS # can be used as a "Tax ID" number. Just make sure you "pay" the sales- taxes you collect (ea state is different on %), to the Comptroller, or, you can face jailtime deluxe!! If you "own" land, it can be your "ticket" to starting a business. Doesnt take much room for a "shipping/receiving address", but you MUST be Responsible personally for "Any & All" future outcome. Good luck!! Its called "Being Responsible" for your Actions, and the good ol USA is the best place to participate!!! TR :rollin

I used to partner with a friend who owned a car stereo/alarm shop and I would take care of the window tinting business there. Well he recently sold the shop and the new owner and I are having problems so I'm gonna go mobile instead. So anyone know any decent film distributors that will sell me film without a business license now that I can't get my film from my friend's car stereo shop anymore?

Just Google window film online! :rollin

Guest solarspot
You dont necessarily need a "Business" Tax ID # to be in business depending on your locale? Depending on your "county,State, & City laws", it may be possible for you to go to your local Tax Office, and purchase a "Assumed Name" license for your business as a "sole-proprietorship". However, once you do that, you will have to give a "permanent name for Business, Location of business, and if your inside "city limits", you must collect and pay "sales taxes" to your local "comptrollers office" 4-times per year (quarterly). off your invoice receipts. I would recommend you consult a good CPA, in your area first. Sometimes, your personal SS # can be used as a "Tax ID" number. Just make sure you "pay" the sales- taxes you collect (ea state is different on %), to the Comptroller, or, you can face jailtime deluxe!! If you "own" land, it can be your "ticket" to starting a business. Doesnt take much room for a "shipping/receiving address", but you MUST be Responsible personally for "Any & All" future outcome. Good luck!! Its called "Being Responsible" for your Actions, and the good ol USA is the best place to participate!!! TR :lol

:lol6 did just this had no problem getting my film

start off on the best foot possible keep it legit and you will have no problems

good luck to ya btw where u at :rollin

Guest darkdan

Of all the brands I use (and I use a lot of them) only two asked if I had a business license. Of those two, neither asked for any more information.

Guest filmpeople

No matter what state or jurisdiction you are in, by law you are required to have a tax license to assume business responsibilities. Simply put, you have to pay the taxman... Incorporating yourself should not take you more than a couple hours, filing the appropriate paperwork. It also costs something around $50-$100 depending on the state. So, instead of risking future catastrophe, just "inc." yourself. You'll sleep better at night.

Archived