I cant decide what Brand to use

Guest scottstinting

Guest darkdan
If you own or are starting a shop, and have comp. You need to use a well known brand. If your doing it out of your garage, You can use anything. Call suppliers and get info from them. Do your homework, there are alot of film manafactures, and some of them sell to each other. Just find what suits your needs.

I beg to differ.

I'm a hack working out of my garage and due to the fact I'm small I live or die by my reputation I won't use poor quality films.

No one will ask what brand of film turned purple, they'll ask who tinted them.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Marco

If you own or are starting a shop, and have comp. You need to use a well known brand. If your doing it out of your garage, You can use anything. Call suppliers and get info from them. Do your homework, there are alot of film manafactures, and some of them sell to each other. Just find what suits your needs.

I beg to differ.

I'm a hack working out of my garage and due to the fact I'm small I live or die by my reputation I won't use poor quality films.

:thumb

:lol2:wall:wall

How many customers from the street come to Your garage knowing any film brand?

GuyZ our industry is not so huge, and normal people have no idea about all these GardZ or other nameZ....

Do You know brand of shock absorbers or oil filters on Your car? Do You know factory which made glass for your car??? Comon' guyZ....Of course we are involved in this industry, and proud about that - me, of course, too. But.....Let's open our eyeZ.....

:wall P.S. Did I told something wrong? :coffee

Guest darkdan

Actually, most of my customers (not counting word of mouth) are from the internet.

They are VERY informed.

The guy I just did 3 cars and a few windows on his house over the weekend just HAD to have Llumar. Thus I ordered it for him.

Just last week I had a guy call me up. Ask which brand I use. Then ask about Johnson's (which I don't use). He quized me on the 3M and Global products. I swear he was writing it down or something.

I've had several people call up and ask me if I use Solar Gard or not. Lots of places around here do. Since the last shop told them SG was the best, they expect me to have the same opinion.

I'd say on 40% of the calls/emails I get they ask "brand".

But apparently, my customers are the minority. My brother's customers don't care 99% of the time.

Funny.... back in the day this thread would have been shut down :lol:beer

This is endless like Life.Time.Warranty Topic :gay

Actually, most of my customers (not counting word of mouth) are from the internet.

They are VERY informed.

The guy I just did 3 cars and a few windows on his house over the weekend just HAD to have Llumar. Thus I ordered it for him.

Just last week I had a guy call me up. Ask which brand I use. Then ask about Johnson's (which I don't use). He quized me on the 3M and Global products. I swear he was writing it down or something.

I've had several people call up and ask me if I use Solar Gard or not. Lots of places around here do. Since the last shop told them SG was the best, they expect me to have the same opinion.

I'd say on 40% of the calls/emails I get they ask "brand".

But apparently, my customers are the minority. My brother's customers don't care 99% of the time.

:lol:lol:hmmm

Here may be 2-5% of customers ask about.

But I think 80% know my company name - DARTZ....For example in Moscow people ask - american film or not, that's all they ask...

Archived