Question on a rear screen i did today

Guest Oh_Yeah

Guest Oh_Yeah

Hi all, just got a question, today I tinted a brand new mazda 3 sedan, my question is about the rear screen, I went thru my normal procedure when installing the film .. I steel wool the rear screen with glass kleen, squeegee the glass off a few times with baby shampoo and water. Anyway I put the film on, turboed it out twice like I normally do, got my side swiper down along the bottom, then finish off by running my card and cloth along the demister bars to get out anymore water trapped it. then I wiped the inside and outside off the glass.. looked clean as no dots or contaimination, was happy with it actually, anyway I parked it out the front of shop to bring in the next car, it sat in the sun for prolly around 2 hrs, anyway the boss was doing a final check b4 he takes it back to the caryard and in my rear screen is was mainly like the top left hand section there was moisture bubbles which I know is normal but there was like tiny white dots inside the moisture bubbles?? can any1 shed some light on this and let me know 1) wat would have caused it and 2) will it dry out over time or does it need to be re-tinted, thanx for ur help, by the way the dots defiently aint contaimination its more like air bubbles or soap bubbles?? not sure, any help would b great thanks guys!

Hi all, just got a question, today I tinted a brand new mazda 3 sedan, my question is about the rear screen, I went thru my normal procedure when installing the film .. I steel wool the rear screen with glass kleen, squeegee the glass off a few times with baby shampoo and water. Anyway I put the film on, turboed it out twice like I normally do, got my side swiper down along the bottom, then finish off by running my card and cloth along the demister bars to get out anymore water trapped it. then I wiped the inside and outside off the glass.. looked clean as no dots or contaimination, was happy with it actually, anyway I parked it out the front of shop to bring in the next car, it sat in the sun for prolly around 2 hrs, anyway the boss was doing a final check b4 he takes it back to the caryard and in my rear screen is was mainly like the top left hand section there was moisture bubbles which I know is normal but there was like tiny white dots inside the moisture bubbles?? can any1 shed some light on this and let me know 1) wat would have caused it and 2) will it dry out over time or does it need to be re-tinted, thanx for ur help, by the way the dots defiently aint contaimination its more like air bubbles or soap bubbles?? not sure, any help would b great thanks guys!

Sounds like soap bubbles from where water was trapped and not squeeged enough. Next time try running your finger nail through the spot and see if it moves, and if it does, try to hard card it to the side. You may get lucky and it will move, but good luck after two hours in the sun.

Archived