ConsumerWatch: How-To Clinics Offer Energy-Saving Tips - KETV.com

Guest RoboTints3000

Guest RoboTints3000

ConsumerWatch: How-To Clinics Offer Energy-Saving Tips

KETV.com, NE - 48 minutes ago

Charron said a heat-control window film can keep the house cooler. The film is similar to wrapping paper, and it can be cut to size.

"It's keeping out UV rays out of your home, not to mention the heat that comes in," he said.

He said it can be applied by lightly wetting the window and rolling it on with a squeegee.

One roll of the window film costs about $36 and it covers six windows.

Home Depot continues its free energy-saving clinics at all its locations. Saturday's clinic is at 10 a.m. and Sunday's clinic is at 1 p.m.

Guest tinterjim
I have thought about doing a how to clinic at Home Depot. Then all the people that went home and tried it would call me when they could not do it :beer

Thats brilliant V. Why didn't I think of that. :dunno It would be like taking candy from a baby.

Guest scottstinting

I had a lady call me last week and she already had her film from home depot .She tells me her husband is having second thouhts about the ladder .Then she tells me it up about 30 feet in the air and thats the only window she needs done 6 ft x 6 ft window .So I tell her she better find a bigger tint shop that has scaffolding

Archived