ceramic tint film manufacturers

Guest shufflnmadness

Guest vclimber

OK I guess I need to get into more detail here. I'm getting a Scion tc in a couple weeks, I'm located in Phoenix AZ. I was interested in having Huper Optik ceramic tint put on, then I found out a few things. Danny's carwash is the only Huper Optik dealer in Maricopa county AZ. and they will not install HuperOptik ceramic on the rear window, because they say they can't get it to install properly on curved rear windows due to the films thickness. They also won't install any tint on the sunroof they are woried about it cracking from the heat and cracking from the sun. Neither of these should be a concern this is tempered glass it is made to contract and expand with heat (as long as you don't hod the heat gun in one spot to long, or throw cold water on a glass panel thats been sitting in the desert sun all day). Toyota doesn't recommend tinting the roof but alot of people in the Scion chat rooms have done it with no problems. I was considering Formula One Pinnacle tint, I didn't kno w what other brands were out there that made ceramic film, I as good of clarity, and heat rejection as I can get. so any Any help would be appreciated, even if you tll me I'm nuts. Thanks

If they can't install a back window then how is it they are a Huper Dealer? :bingo

-btw Tempered can handle the heat...

Thats a good question? I wasn't real impressed with what I saw and heard when I was there. Makes me kinda wonder about Huber Optik, they said Danny's was their largest installer and among the best, they did say they were kind of conservative but still theres conservative and down right chicken sh**.

If they are just doing just automotive then they are not Huper's largest installer. And if they can't do a Scion back window then they are not the best out there. The film is good I can tell you that much.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bob30
OK I guess I need to get into more detail here. I'm getting a Scion tc in a couple weeks, I'm located in Phoenix AZ. I was interested in having Huper Optik ceramic tint put on, then I found out a few things. Danny's carwash is the only Huper Optik dealer in Maricopa county AZ. and they will not install HuperOptik ceramic on the rear window, because they say they can't get it to install properly on curved rear windows due to the films thickness. They also won't install any tint on the sunroof they are woried about it cracking from the heat and cracking from the sun. Neither of these should be a concern this is tempered glass it is made to contract and expand with heat (as long as you don't hod the heat gun in one spot to long, or throw cold water on a glass panel thats been sitting in the desert sun all day). Toyota doesn't recommend tinting the roof but alot of people in the Scion chat rooms have done it with no problems. I was considering Formula One Pinnacle tint, I didn't kno w what other brands were out there that made ceramic film, I as good of clarity, and heat rejection as I can get. so any Any help would be appreciated, even if you tll me I'm nuts. Thanks

shuffl your on the right track. :DD And your not nuts, you just want to be able to make a well informed decision.

youv picked the highest quality product available that will stand up to the desert sun without discoloring or fading and will provide you with excellent heat rejection and great visibility. :DD

email me for what you want to know and any other detailed questions you have. :DD

bobfrank30@hotmail.com

Guest vclimber

shuffl your on the right track. :lol6 And your not nuts, you just want to be able to make a well informed decision.

youv picked the highest quality product available that will stand up to the desert sun without discoloring or fading and will provide you with excellent heat rejection and great visibility. :spit

email me for what you want to know and any other detailed questions you have. :)

bobfrank30@hotmail.com

Way to go Bob! :spit

:spit Congratulations you crossed over to the Dark-Side. You're gonna be well loved now! :lol:spit

Guest Bob30

shuffl your on the right track. :gasp And your not nuts, you just want to be able to make a well informed decision.

youv picked the highest quality product available that will stand up to the desert sun without discoloring or fading and will provide you with excellent heat rejection and great visibility. :DD

email me for what you want to know and any other detailed questions you have. :bdog

bobfrank30@hotmail.com

Way to go Bob! :DD

:DD Congratulations you crossed over to the Dark-Side. You're gonna be well loved now! :DD:thumb

speaking from experience?? PM/Email its all the same...

If you want to know more about ceramic and breakage, feel free to PM me. Talking about it publically is causing too much turmoil, I'm tired of it.

Btw, publicly discussing it with him will cause too much turmoil... So I wanted to save you from that ;)

Darkside of the force huh? So are you a Huper Jedi now?? LOL

:rollin Ceramic Wars far from over they are

now lets not spoil this thread with the pathetic bickering back and fourth, yah?

All I was going to tell him was Madico Advanced Ceramic was easier to form on his Window, which Danny's will not do with the Huper. And the Madico Ceramic 30 will perform as good as the Huper Ceramic 30. I think Danny's Tinting is exclusive for Huper in Phoenix though. Read it on the form some place.. And I also think they are Huper's largest user.

I did have a question though. Concerning the Market Study you did with the Huper film and Glass Breakage...

I was wondering where you were located? The weather is different in different places, and the tint will behave differently in different weather. Where this guy is in Arizona it gets around 120F. I don't think it gets that way anywhere in Canada... So Glass Breakage is more likely to occur in such an environment. Don't need to get technical on me please, cause I'm not that smart. Just let me know where your located with respect to the market study. Thanks.

go have a cold one :stop and Take it Eazzyy :DD

I will list in the order they hit the market.

Huper Optik Ceramic

Vista Harmony

Madico MAC

Why do you want them listed by IR rejection? I think you's want Total Solar Energy Rejected, Aheasive type, and Ineterior & Exterior Reflection %...

:thumb List not full, Sir. Not full. Your list include loudest teams....But....

And other question CERAMIC TINT - when people tell it, what do they think about film? is it ceramic like mug or like new tooth? :thumb

Guest shufflnmadness

Sorry I haven't been on for a few days, I've had intermittant internet access problems. I want to thank everyone for their help.

Guest haroldshouseoftint

Hi,

I own Harold's House of Tint in Phoenix AZ, and am one of two MAC dealers in AZ,

check out my web site www.haroldshouseoftint.com

If you have not gotten your Scion tinted yet contact me and we will get it handled, I can shrink the film on back windows NO problem and have all the shades avaliable.

and in response to some of the posts about Danny's Family Tint/Car Wash the huper film they don't do on the back windows is the Drei series as it is quite hard to shrink so you need alot of experiance to do it.

Hope this Helps :hmmm

Harold

Thanks Harold...

I'm coming in on this thread a little late, but to set the record straight:

We use a non-metal film on the back glass when applying the Huper Optik DREI, primarily because we mostly use this product on higher end European cars that have radio antennas and navigation systems. This is clearly printed on our price sheet at each store.

We have and will gladly install DREI all the way around a car. I do it all the time, customer just has to request it.

Again, keep in mind that our main customer for this product is BMW, Audi and a ton of Mercedes Benz (all with reception issues)

As far as Stark or Ceramics, this product accounts for less than 2% of our total sales for automotive. I am sure the option was not communicated to the customer properly and I will be sure to review this in the next sales meeting.

As a personal preference, the DREI is unbeatable for this Arizona market. I prefer to move the customer into that, becuase it is truly the best product out there... and we research it all!

As far as the sunroofs, we will tint them. Breakage odds are minimal but it does happen. Suggest you guys do what we do, and that is to have customer sign a waiver. That way they are aware of the risk and can make the choice for themselves.

Good stuff here, always enjoy popping in on the forum.

Oh... Scion guy, ( shufflnmadness ) Harold does do beautiful work too!

Hugh Hernandez

Managing Partner

Danny's Family Window Tinting

602-485-8500

Guest facebook
Hi, I was wondering if someone could give me a list of ceramic tint manufacturers and possibly rate them by IR rejection, clarity, and their thoughts on quality of each film listed. Thanks

oh my god,the same my question

Archived