Chevy pickups rollups

Guest JMass

I need some help on these chevy& gmc pickups, the rollups do something funky when you go up and down, I cant ever seem to cut a perfect pattern for them, and when it comes to putting them on I seem to get little dirt in the edge... Please help

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

hey Jmass ,could you please fill out your personal info? the chevy shouldn't be giving you a problem. Are you talking about when you roll down the window after you tinted it and there is a gap on the rear side of the door? where is the dirt? :beer

hey Jmass ,could you please fill out your personal info? the chevy shouldn't be giving you a problem. Are you talking about when you roll down the window after you tinted it and there is a gap on the rear side of the door? where is the dirt? :beer

yes thats where I have the problem, the little gaparooo and that same dide is where I get the dirt specs, do you pull pannels or are you a non puller,

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

generally a non-puller. before yo cut that side , roll the window 1/2 way down ,THEN cut. after that, I'll trim about an 1/8 of an inch off of that side so it will fit properly. before applying, roll the window all the way down, and clean the track and gasket area real good with a towel. that should get most of the dirt out of there and give you a cleaner install. good luck :beer

thanks 1 peece, so roll down half way then cut top and sides that are exposed at the time, then roll back up and cut the rest along the edge. maybe there is something im doing wrong... heck I dont konw

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

that should do it jmass, I usually cut the bottom ,mark the front side, cut 1/2 way up on the back side, THEN roll 1/2 way down, cut the top and back side top. :beer less chance of the film shifting around on the glass.

sweet that should help, ill go do something to my info shizzle right now,PS: I still think you are a post hore, hahah jk but you are very much a big help..thanks again

lol I feel ya man, tinting is not my career but I have been around it for a while now, I have an office job durring day and when I get off I go stait to my shop and do some cars.. so thats why I am always on during the day

Guest tintman AZ
generally a non-puller. before yo cut that side , roll the window 1/2 way down ,THEN cut. after that, I'll trim about an 1/8 of an inch off of that side so it will fit properly. before applying, roll the window all the way down, and clean the track and gasket area real good with a towel. that should get most of the dirt out of there and give you a cleaner install. good luck :rollin

Yes, proper fit is definately a key. And yes I found I had to wipe the track also. But I pull the rubber gasket, takes about 30 sec. Makes them a breeze.

Archived