Chevy pickups rollups

Guest JMass

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

I think a couple of weeks ago, I did a 01 gmc or chevy p/u , and , found that the "rubber" was part of a whole piece that went all the way around the window. Is this right , or was I trippin? :rollin

Guest tintgod
I think a couple of weeks ago, I did a 01 gmc or chevy p/u , and , found that the "rubber" was part of a whole piece that went all the way around the window. Is this right , or was I trippin? :rollin

that is correct..but I still think you are trippin most of the time.. :krazy

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

I tugged on it a little and decided not to remove it,I can do those just fine without removing them, but do they come out fairly easily? go back in okay? :rollin

Guest willie

that is correct..but I still think you are trippin most of the time.. :krazy

:lol2

Guest solarspot
I tugged on it a little and decided not to remove it,I can do those just fine without removing them, but do they come out fairly easily? go back in okay? :krazy

Yes on the 06 atleast :rollin gently pull up and back(unless its a cheapy then just pull back) the top of the panel get your bone out and pry the gasket up. I usually spray a little slip on the gasket as I pull it up. Installation is a little rough but when you learn the knack of putting it back its very easy 20 seconds or so. Also spray some slip on the gasket before you start putting it back in or its near impossible to get it lined up right

Guest tintman AZ
I think a couple of weeks ago, I did a 01 gmc or chevy p/u , and , found that the "rubber" was part of a whole piece that went all the way around the window. Is this right , or was I trippin? :krazy

Yes actually the first couple of years that style came out it was all one piece. And like I told JMass in a PM, that if I'm working on one and a customer happens to be standing there watching. That I'm going to cut it on each end so it will come out and then wait for his OK. Then to make him feel better I'll tell them that GM liked my idea so much that they go ahead and make it a separate piece on the newer ones. And yes they can be very tight, but it's still fast. But even the ones that look like I'm struggling with, the customers will say "I see you've done quite a few of these".

Archived