SRT-4 BG shrink problems

Guest jimmies

Guest jimmies

Well, I finally got it! Took 3 sheets, but on third try I got a shrink that laid down when I squeegied it.

I shrank areas instead of focusing on the fingers, and that worked. It took me about an hour to do when it was all said and done. I wasn't using my free hand at all, just shrinking with the gun, did I do it right?

I have an old Wagner heat gun that SUPPOSEDLY goes to 1100 degrees. I doubt it's that hot anymore.

Do I need a hotter gun?

Also, I still ran into some trouble with burning the film when fingers would crease at their peak. Any tips to avoid that? Spend more time shrinking "valleys?"

I hope I make sense here..

And PS, thank you guys for your advice and help. You're true professionals and I'm glad to have a resource as good as this, I certainly now have a healthy respect for good tinters.

Guest solarspot
Well, I finally got it! Took 3 sheets, but on third try I got a shrink that laid down when I squeegied it.

I shrank areas instead of focusing on the fingers, and that worked. It took me about an hour to do when it was all said and done. I wasn't using my free hand at all, just shrinking with the gun, did I do it right?

I have an old Wagner heat gun that SUPPOSEDLY goes to 1100 degrees. I doubt it's that hot anymore.

Do I need a hotter gun?

Also, I still ran into some trouble with burning the film when fingers would crease at their peak. Any tips to avoid that? Spend more time shrinking "valleys?"

I hope I make sense here..

You did good but try useing your free hand to lay the tint down as you shrink. Use a glove to smooth it out as you go. Some use a hard card instead but get good with the glove first then try the card or you will crease the film until you learn the touch. I ran into ghosting on my neon you just need more practice and it will stop as you get better a shrinking. :beer:wall

Guest vinnie22

yea I have an 05 dodge srt-4 and I have the lines on the back glass was wondering how it was going to stick and what to do? its not like a normal dot pattern.

Archived