ARMORCOAT PROBLEMS!

Guest THEGLASSPROTECTOR75

Guest carbontc
HAS ANYONE HAD ANY ISSUES WITH INSTALLING ARMORCOAT, 8MILL, 50,35,20.

I HAVE BEEN INSTALLING ARMORCOAT FILM FOR THE LAST 6MONTHS, THE 4 MILL IS GREAT NO ISSUES, BUT WHATS THE DEAL WITH THEIR 8 MILL, THE SH-- IS FREAKIN INTIMIDATING, "JUST THE BOX ALONE".

BUT REALY, THE ISSUES IM HAVING ARE ALOT OF BUBLING, AND DRYING OUT REALY FAST BEFORE ICAN CUT AND SQEEGEE, IM TALKIN WITH A TON OF SPRAYING,EVEN AFTER WETING THE FILM AND THE GLASS. DOESNT HAPPEN ALL THE TIME, AND I KNOW ON WINDOWS WITH DIRECT SUN EXPOSURE THIS CAN HAPPEN, BUT ON CLOUDY DAYS THIS FILM IS ALOT TO HANDLE, MAYBE IM JUST BITCHING, BUT AFTER DEALIN WITH THIS STUFF, ALL OTHER FILM SEEMS LIKE A VACATION, EVEN 3M WHICH I HATE WITH PASSION!

ANYWAY JUST LOOKIN FOR SOME FEEDBACK :poop

You can switch to Madico SUNSCAPE line product, LDG-35 its very close to 8-MIL 35 from armorcoat, and its easier to use, rather than loading a 6" core to your filmhandler :dunno

Good luck!

Guest vclimber
You can switch to Madico SUNSCAPE line product, LDG-35 its very close to 8-MIL 35 from armorcoat, and its easier to use, rather than loading a 6" core to your filmhandler :beer

Good luck!

He'd better be done with the job by now... :lol2

Guest carbontc
My first 8mil installation is in the morning. I am using armorcoat clear. The core is large but I am excited. Thanks for ranting. I will share any rants I can come up with.

Tips:

1. cut film from the box.

2. Get Box Mounted Film Slitter Part# A0104 from 44tools.com

3. You can use either Crusher squeege from Armorcoat or the 8" wood handle squeege from Madico, both work very well.

4. Have Band-Aids handy cause' this film is very sharpy!

5. Diamond Tip (yellow squeeges) very helpul at every pass after installation of film.

6. Dont get a pick up truck (unless you have a 8' footer bed) for 72" boxes.

7. Get a helper, when the box is empty still 19 lbs to carry to the garbage.

6. Good luck! :evilgrin

Archived