Smart Glass

Guest ddan

I am trying to find a shop someone in the Colorado area that installs Smart Glass systems.

I travel frequently, and have very dark tint around my entire vehicle for privacy. However, the older you get the more you realize privacy can often mean sacraficing safety when you can't see out your windows.

I've read about Smart Glass, and the ability to adjust light transparancy. This would be ideal, as I do enjoy my three layers of 5% during the day, but would like the option of living without it at night.

Can anyone point me in the direction of an install shop?

Thanks.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently, commercial glass is available. Mercedes is offering the glass to certain models now.

Once darkened, the glass becomes very blue in color.

Very expensive glass. From what I understand, in the thousands.

I am trying to find a shop someone in the Colorado area that installs Smart Glass systems.

I travel frequently, and have very dark tint around my entire vehicle for privacy. However, the older you get the more you realize privacy can often mean sacraficing safety when you can't see out your windows.

I've read about Smart Glass, and the ability to adjust light transparancy. This would be ideal, as I do enjoy my three layers of 5% during the day, but would like the option of living without it at night.

Can anyone point me in the direction of an install shop?

Thanks.

3 layers of 5%??? What the hell are you up to that you need that kind of "privacy"? To me that just makes you seem "suspect". :hump

Thanks.

3 layers of 5%??? What the hell are you up to that you need that kind of "privacy"? To me that just makes you seem "suspect". :quote

It does tend to draw police attention quite frequently. The front windshield is actually tinted with a layer of 20 and 15. Its quite dark. I have 40k invested into aftermarket items inside the vehicle. I frequently am in high profile places and I like my privacy. However, its not the police I'm worried about, its people jackin' my stuff. Although, when I get pulled over, its kind of funny to see their face when they can't penetrate the window with their spotlights.

The reason for my question was because I saw a Jaguar in a tire shop that had smart glass installed on the side windows.

Archived