Start an upholstery shop in illinois

Guest R1chardpease

Tint Detective, How experience did you start out with?

I started as a trim tech. in '90, I didn't start sewing until a few years ago....

Sometimes, I bite off a little more than I can chew, but luckily I have a more experienced trimmer working for me now, that has the experiece needed to do it..... :dunno

How long have you been at it?? :gasp

Here's an example...

100_1684.jpg

I feel at home here. Have no experience at all. This custom fabrication and upholstery thing have always facinated me especially when we do not have anyone out here who is into it. I love to pick and learn the whole art of it but I just don't know where to start from.

I feel at home here. Have no experience at all. This custom fabrication and upholstery thing have always facinated me especially when we do not have anyone out here who is into it. I love to pick and learn the whole art of it but I just don't know where to start from.

Buy yourself a used heavy duty sewing machine, go take some lessons and start

doing what you can on friends and relatives cars and even furniture, you'll know within a few jobs if you have a nack for it...

What's your location???

Well, my location is in the South Pacific, a dot on the global map somewhere beside Australia. I probaly should be be looking for some basic lessons in trimmings I guess to start of with. How do you come up with your designs?

If you don't have a sewing outlet or some other place to take sewing lessons, buy yourself a book on upholstery, there are many to choose from.

They can help you with the basics, the rest is up to you.

One thing......... Don't put your fingers under the presser foot.... :dunno .... the needle won't be too far behind!!!

Archived