Johnson Greystone 10

Guest bentley306

Guest bentley306

Hi, I've read this site for a couple weeks, but this is my first post. I live in CA and have a new lexus which I'm looking to tint. The dealer recommended a tinter who says he only uses Johnson Greystone. I haven't seen as many posts which refer to this tint, how would you compare it to other options? I'm looking for a non-metallic, heat preventive tint which looks good. Thank you!

Guest bentley306
I would imagine 10 is rather illegal anywhere in CA. Want a good non-metal film to block heat, find a reputable solar gard dealer for some Ultra Performance, looks great, blocks a ton of heat and you can still stay legal.

I may have read the regs wrong, but I thought that the back/rear side windows could be any tint level, and that it is only the front and front side windows which are regulated? Otherwise, thank you for the tip about Solar Gard.

I would imagine 10 is rather illegal anywhere in CA. Want a good non-metal film to block heat, find a reputable solar gard dealer for some Ultra Performance, looks great, blocks a ton of heat and you can still stay legal.

I may have read the regs wrong, but I thought that the back/rear side windows could be any tint level, and that it is only the front and front side windows which are regulated? Otherwise, thank you for the tip about Solar Gard.

Possible, I was assuming you meant both sides and back. Either way, 10 is really dark, especially at night, and almost impossible in low light situations. I would suggest no darker than 20.

Guest vclimber
Hi, I've read this site for a couple weeks, but this is my first post. I live in CA and have a new lexus which I'm looking to tint. The dealer recommended a tinter who says he only uses Johnson Greystone. I haven't seen as many posts which refer to this tint, how would you compare it to other options? I'm looking for a non-metallic, heat preventive tint which looks good. Thank you!

A new Lexus with 10% on it would look pretty ghetto. 20% is pushing it too. 35% would look better, metalized or ceramic films will reject more heat than dyed. :nohit:

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

out here in cali you gotta roll liiiiimo, I'll slang some 5% on there for you MMM tint as well, where you at. anywhere near the central coast come to my shop and I'll pimp your Lexus. :finger: but seriously 20% should be good, havent heard much about johnson myself. my top choices are 3M, suntek, finally solar gard. at one point or another I have tinted with these

Guest Key West
out here in cali you gotta roll liiiiimo, I'll slang some 5% on there for you MMM tint as well, where you at. anywhere near the central coast come to my shop and I'll pimp your Lexus. :bat but seriously 20% should be good, havent heard much about johnson myself. my top choices are 3M, suntek, finally solar gard. at one point or another I have tinted with these

I had no idea you were the terrorist's protege!! :) ' Be 'slangin dem papas 'n shizzit!! :):)

non-metallic films do not reflect heat like the metalized films do

:gasp

unless you use a Ceramic

huper optik nano-ceramic or madico advanced ceramic or geoshield iris

stick with the first two

Archived