RESIDENTAL OPTIONS

Guest samo2000

Guest samo2000

CDF OR PS ADHESIVES , I'MN LOOKING AT 27 - 28x32'S (GROUND)AND 2-58X70"s 16' UP THERE WITH 35 STAINLESS -TIME TO BUY A GORILLA FROM HOME DEPOT (3 BILLS)? ALSO IS IT BEST FOR A 2 MAN INSTALL ON THE VERTICAL SKYLIGHTS? IS IT TIME TO BUY A FILM HANDLER (8 BILLS)ALSO IS IT BETTER TO BUY 72" VS. 60" TO KEEP ON DECK FOR FUTURE JOB'S . THIS JOB'S GONNA COST ME, ANY HELP? :lol6

Guest windoworx
CDF OR PS ADHESIVES , I'MN LOOKING AT 27 - 28x32'S (GROUND)AND 2-58X70"s 16' UP THERE WITH 35 STAINLESS -TIME TO BUY A GORILLA FROM HOME DEPOT (3 BILLS)? ALSO IS IT BEST FOR A 2 MAN INSTALL ON THE VERTICAL SKYLIGHTS? IS IT TIME TO BUY A FILM HANDLER (8 BILLS)ALSO IS IT BETTER TO BUY 72" VS. 60" TO KEEP ON DECK FOR FUTURE JOB'S . THIS JOB'S GONNA COST ME, ANY HELP? :lol6

CDF all the way.

I much prefer using an A frame ladder when possible. The 12 ft A frame is extremely stable. I use it for heights up to 19' off the ground. I have a Home Depot Gorilla ladder but am not comfortable using it as an extension ladder. I have a 20' and 24' Fiberglass type 2. And I do not like to extend them all the way.

Film Handler is a good investment, and great for getting precise cut for Velux Skylights. Skylights are pretty much a one man job. But having an extra hand never hurts especially for carrying gear in and out.

72" or 60". Get a roll of each or deal with waste.

Look at the big picture, next time you won't have to buy them. You can also rent a ladder from HD too.

Guest samo2000

CDF all the way.

I much prefer using an A frame ladder when possible. The 12 ft A frame is extremely stable. I use it for heights up to 19' off the ground. I have a Home Depot Gorilla ladder but am not comfortable using it as an extension ladder. I have a 20' and 24' Fiberglass type 2. And I do not like to extend them all the way.

Film Handler is a good investment, and great for getting precise cut for Velux Skylights. Skylights are pretty much a one man job. But having an extra hand never hurts especially for carrying gear in and out.

Look at the big picture, next time you won't have to buy them. You can also rent a ladder from HD too.

YEA THAT MAKES SENSE- ALSO THESE ANDERSONS HAVE LOCKS PINCHING AGIANST THE GLASS -ANY TECHNIQUES FOR GETTING BEHIND'EM?

Guest Key West
CDF OR PS ADHESIVES , I'MN LOOKING AT 27 - 28x32'S (GROUND)AND 2-58X70"s 16' UP THERE WITH 35 STAINLESS -TIME TO BUY A GORILLA FROM HOME DEPOT (3 BILLS)? ALSO IS IT BEST FOR A 2 MAN INSTALL ON THE VERTICAL SKYLIGHTS? IS IT TIME TO BUY A FILM HANDLER (8 BILLS)ALSO IS IT BETTER TO BUY 72" VS. 60" TO KEEP ON DECK FOR FUTURE JOB'S . THIS JOB'S GONNA COST ME, ANY HELP? :lol2

Windoworx is right. CDF. As far as the Gorilla ladder, It's defiately worth the investment, as is a filmhandler. And DEFINATELY go with the 72" filmhandler!!! Why limit future options? On ALOT of residential windows these days I'm running across anywhere for 33" to 35" openings, and a 72" roll works well with much less waste. Good luck. It might be alot of initial outlay, but hopefully you priced it right and the job should pay for it :lol6 all.

CDF OR PS ADHESIVES , I'MN LOOKING AT 27 - 28x32'S (GROUND)AND 2-58X70"s 16' UP THERE WITH 35 STAINLESS -TIME TO BUY A GORILLA FROM HOME DEPOT (3 BILLS)? ALSO IS IT BEST FOR A 2 MAN INSTALL ON THE VERTICAL SKYLIGHTS? IS IT TIME TO BUY A FILM HANDLER (8 BILLS)ALSO IS IT BETTER TO BUY 72" VS. 60" TO KEEP ON DECK FOR FUTURE JOB'S . THIS JOB'S GONNA COST ME, ANY HELP? :lol2

CDF all the way.

YEA THAT MAKES SENSE- ALSO THESE ANDERSONS HAVE LOCKS PINCHING AGIANST THE GLASS -ANY TECHNIQUES FOR GETTING BEHIND'EM?

I use a Phillips head screwdriver :lol6 . Anyone else? :bingo

Guest windoworx

If you are talking about Double hung windows, generally if you use a film handler and get straight cuts, just use the the bottom edge and you have one less side to cut. Rarely are they so tight you can'tslip a peice of film behind there.

Guest vclimber

I agree, CDF is the way to go but if your skylights are always in the sun then you may want to go PS to avoid fingering and debris headaches.

If you are buying a Filmahandler for flat glass work then go big, get the 72"er. :lol6

Skylights can be done with one man. 2 is nice for the larger or real long ones but one guy can usually handle it.

CDF or CDA is what you want.

72" filmhandler :lol6

little giant or gorilla is a must

remove the locks with a phillips if you don't have a straight edge to work with. straight edge is better IMO. sometimes those locks don't wanna go back on too easily.

Guest expertint

Watch out unscrewing any hardware as sometimes there are latches that have things inside the frame that will fall down and you won't be able to screw the hardware back on..stupid manu's but true..

Guest SolarShopFilm
Watch out unscrewing any hardware as sometimes there are latches that have things inside the frame that will fall down and you won't be able to screw the hardware back on..stupid manu's but true..

Another thing you might want to think about with those double hung locks is the screws, I tend to get them out and they break in half cause of rust from all the condensation in the window, it never hurts to carry a few boxes of screws so that you can replace them, it makes the customer happy when you take care of little details like that. :lol6

Archived