what the hell did i get myself into?

Guest thetintshop

Guest Braud Spectrum

:shock They even have camo tint!

Might be something I'd want to check into TTS. :lol Slow as tinting is... and wouldn't need a machine. Just order as I need them.

I did a big ol graphics package a friend of mine ordered from some catalog for his F350 dually. He said they were asking 350 just to install it at some places he called and asked if I would like to try it knowing I sort of had "application" experience. So they all got together (happened to be on the day of my final divorce hearing :thumb ) and they converged at the shop. Never seen so many cars in my driveway. :lol Even my old tinter was there to help. Of course this guy is real easy going and we are all friends so he was right in there with me and Bob trying to figure it all out like a big puzzle. We had a blast doing it. It turned out real good but it took us several hours. And the beer was flowing freely for the ...celebration...gotta factor that in too. :thumb It would have been anyway... even if there had been nothing to celebrate.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thetintshop
They even have camo tint!

it's like glasscapes stuff. but a little more expensive. it took about a month to get my dealership with them, so if you're interested, better get on the ball. and have $119.95 ready for a stupid little binder with all the samples. they MAKE you buy it. also, it's territory protected, so you'll be the only one in your area.

Guest DixieGraphics

that looks great TTS! I was thinking of getting into that since camo is pretty popular in my area but from what you say I guess I need to think about that some more :shock

Guest thetintshop
that looks great TTS!    I was thinking of getting into that since camo is pretty popular in my area but from what you say I guess I need to think about that some more  :shock

everything gets easier the more you deal with it. so I figure I can knock the next one out in about half the time it took me to do the first one. it's just strange that relief cuts are a norm with this stuff when you're used to tint and vinyl. after you realize it's ok to have an over lap here and there, it's not too bad. the cool thing is, you can't see the overlaps. everything just blends together.

and these hunters go nuts for this stuff. they put it on every damn thing right down to the thermos they take with them.

Guest autoreflections

Hey, I was looking into something to boost up my business. I checked out their website and they don't have anything canadian wise. TTS could you maybe check if there is a phone number or email to get some info. That looks wicked you did an awesome job. Thanks. :shock

Guest Braud Spectrum

I haven't done any of those glass scapes but the pinstripe dude gave me a brochure on those a couple years ago and there were half a dozen or so to pick from. I have another friend in the spray in bedliner biz tell me the other day that they have hundreds of those to choose from now in a catalog he had.

That's quite a lot for an info packet. :lol6 But they'd probably sell better if you had something for them to oogle over. Do they know you do it from seeing this information displayed in your shop or have you advertised that you do it?

I've even seen those diamond plate tool boxes, bumpers and side rails...even the gas door done in camo. :nono Those good ol' boys love that camo. :rollin

Guest thetintshop
Hey, I was looking into something to boost up my business. I checked out their website and they don't have anything canadian wise. TTS could you maybe check if there is a phone number or email to get some info. That looks wicked you did an awesome job. Thanks. :thumb

their phone number is on their website, 1-866-OVERWRAPS.

can ya'll not order from the states? just call them and ask if you can have a dealership in canada. I don't know if they will or not, but it don't hurt to ask. one warning though, they make you buy $1500 a year or you lose your dealership. kinda sucks, but nobody else has anything like this, so they can pretty much do what they want.

Guest thetintshop
Do they know you do it from seeing this information displayed in your shop or have you advertised that you do it?

word of mouth. that got me two more ATV's today alone. both of them strictly went on the guys word that owned this one, and they had never even seen it. the guy I did this one for has two more he wants done. I'm gonna keep doing them, $300 a pop. I was just pissed and tired last night and didn't want to do anymore. I have like 7 of them to do in the next couple weeks. everybody that saw that one in my shop today asked about it and where they could get it.

Archived