Business Licence

Who can tell me what is involved in getting a small business licence for starting a tinting company. Wondering what the cost would be? I realize every area has different prices but just looking for a ballpark figure to give me an idea. I called Llumar to see about having info sent out to me, like spec sheets and stuff and you have to have a business licence, can't even buy film, I thought you could, I know 3M you can't but I was under the assumption you could with llumar? I would love to do my own thing and start a company and I realize its not easy and takes money, money is definitely tight so a small business type loan would be the route I would have to take. I was thinking of trying the sub contract thing but not sure how busy I can stay just subin. I worked for a 3M tinting company for 6 yrs, and have been tinting now for about 10 yrs now.

Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated.

I would love to put a bunch of flyers out in the developements in my area and kind of explain that I am not yet in the business but am just trying to see how much work I could book before jumpin in over my head so to speak. I know this sounds corny and might not be the best of ideas. I would definitely have to have it wordly correctly. I realize it sounds very scary to consumers, they want to go with the most experienced , quality companies, I would just have to explain the whole situation and hopefully I could get a good response from some of the regular , normal down to earth kind of people that understand what its like for the regular working man to get started in business .... ahhh who am I kiddin, I know it doesn't work this way. Understand where Im coming from .....? :thumb

Guest tallscott

Depending on where you are each city or town requires its own if you are doing work there. Some require you to have proof of insurance. When you apply, since your just starting find out the min. estimate for gross sales in the glazing cat. is and do that. In most towns you don't need a business lic. prior to doing work but will if you get a job. In my local area there are 8 cities/towns. I only have them for where I have/get work. Also check to see if you have to be registered for auto (Sticker saying who installed it). Flat glass doesn't require it most of the time. If you can't afford a business licence how can you afford to buy film, tools, ect.? Marketing is not cheap either. If you have experience in this field you could always say that in your flyer. Test market first before spending too much money! See that you can get work before you spend alot. Good luck!!

Depending on where you are each city or town requires its own if you are doing work there. Some require you to have proof of insurance. When you apply, since your just starting find out the min. estimate for gross sales in the glazing cat. is and do that. In most towns you don't need a business lic. prior to doing work but will if you get a job. In my local area there are 8 cities/towns. I only have them for where I have/get work. Also check to see if you have to be registered for auto (Sticker saying who installed it). Flat glass doesn't require it most of the time. If you can't afford a business licence how can you afford to buy film, tools, ect.? Marketing is not cheap either. If you have experience in this field you could always say that in your flyer. Test market first before spending too much money! See that you can get work before you spend alot. Good luck!!

I've not heard of any business liscense, here you get an occupational liscense and get a lawyer to incorporate you or you can do it yourself. You'll definitely need some insurance and a business account.

Thanks for the replies fella's. Makes me feel a little better. I knew I needed insurance (hopefully just basic liability contr ins.) so then the next thing would be to open up a business account. I might have to even get a small business loan to pay for film, ladders and other bigger expenses. Or maybe this is what opening a business account is. You can either deposit the money into the account or have the bank put money in your account for you. Im going to go to my bank and talk with them, thanks again guys.

:beer

-SF

Guest 2chase3

Dont forget your D.B.A when you go to open a business account. I hate it when I am Documentarily(is that a word?) unprepared. :beer Then swing by the Tax accessment office .They have a little number for ya you will learn well! :mad

Guest 2chase3
Dont forget your D.B.A when you go to open a business account. I hate it when I am Documentarily(is that a word?) unprepared. :mad Then swing by the Tax accessment office .They have a little number for ya you will learn well! :beer

Seriously , you need to have a registered business name, This is your way of saying Im not Johnny Flybynight. and basiclly interweaves you or you SS # under being identifiable in the business world. along with the goverment saying "Im getting mine".Those little checks that are written out to you that say Payable to:Johbby flybynight tinting service. just do not disappear when your customer files their taxes at the end of the year. :thumb but look on the upside You get Vendor recognization possible some little discount and a cool new shiney Sams card (additional charges apply).

Its thru these hoops you will dicover success. good luck in your new business!!!

Archived