Razor Blade Cut on the Finger

Ever cut your finger with a razor blade or film? (I hate film cuts) It sucks because you're dealing with it all day and the possibility of getting blood on interiors.

Razor blade cuts are usually pretty clean and can be sealed back together with a few blots of a paper towel and holding-together -- ok so you're to this point, you will only need to be bloodfree for a few seconds. Now apply the SUPERGLUE!

Works every time for me, except for those real gushers, the glue tends to bubble up.

I know I know you say: "don't cut your self and be careful" I don't care who you are, it will happen at least once in your career!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jason11286

I've used super glue before when I was in a rush, it kinda burns too. usually I spend the extra 30 seconds to put a band-aid on it or a paper towel and some green tape :lol6

tintoops.jpg

harder than chit to tint with that club for a thumb :lol6

Guest vclimber

I've used super glue for years until I cut myself at a doctor's house of all places. He saw me gluing it up and told me that the glue can be toxic. :lol6

Now I use an over-the-counter glue that is made for that kind of stuff. Same concept except it doesn't poison you. You can find it in the bandage section of any pharmacy or grocery store.

Funny that you mention that stuff.

Doctors think that just because they have a degree they can say whatever they want. I would not recommend you put the super glue directly in the wound. NO NO. I should have made it clear (only on the skin) it seals the wound (skin) back together and heals fast. Sort of like stitches. The store bought is not strong enough.

Here are the results that I got with the store bought "Band-aid" glue. I had to quit using it because it was making it worse, the glue was filling with blood and just sitting there. By the way this is what the doctor gave me when she laughed and said I didn?t need stitches because this stuff was so great! (yeah right)

Its the only cut I've had this severe and not from an Olfa. I had one of those screw driver handle razor blade holders setting in the backseat (this was when I first started :lol6) hopped in the car and the blade hit my finger straight on, not a slice but a hit. It really sucked, took like a month to heal and I was getting tired of tinting with it. Luckily, I have smartened up since then.

(Yes, that is how wide it split open after using that junk and trying to tint. Super glue would of saved me if I knew about it then and I wouldn't have near the scar I have now.)

noooogw1.jpg

Archived