Newbie.. need help

Guest Pancho The Etcher

If you have time... you can apply your tint graphic, squegee, and let dry overnight... then the next day wet the backing paper and it will usually release from the film without pulling it up...

Definatley not the best way.... but a way.. Good Luck!

Guest Pancho The Etcher
ok first off, you say the film is up ready to be installed, did you add it to the frisket paper? if so don't do that, cut your graphic out and peel and put on glass then take a liner and lay over it and squeege it out, if it came on frisket paper, get your money back tint doesn't come on that.

there is alot of "good" manufacturers to buy film from, some of the best colored films I have seen would have to be global, solar guard, and sun guard now as far as longevity, that is a different story, when doing graphics in tint, colored films do not last long IMO, but I also live in AZ so that may have alot to do with that fact.

you could also get ahold of Leo on this board, he sells colored films out of Russia haven't used any of them but have seen plenty of pictures of them and they look good.

Best of luck to you, switching from vinal to tint not too much of a difference I do some vinal as well, hope this helps.

:thumb

Yes, I did apply frisket after I cut it out of my plotter. This is what I would do with a vinyl graphic. Film material/clear liner came in a roll. I still hve some left over.

Whne you say peel , do you mean peel the excess? When you say put it on the glass, do you apply it wet or dry?

Thanks.

Guest haroldshouseoftint

peel the liner, just like you are peeling a sticker to put on, then wet the film and or glass , install take a big liner (clear) piece of the film, lay over the graphic and squeege it out.

:thumb

Guest Pancho The Etcher
If you have time... you can apply your tint graphic, squegee, and let dry overnight... then the next day wet the backing paper and it will usually release from the film without pulling it up...

Definatley not the best way.... but a way.. Good Luck!

I have tried but I waited an hour only, I will try a piece and I will wait overnight and I let you know.

Thanks

Guest Pancho The Etcher
peel the liner, just like you are peeling a sticker to put on, then wet the film and or glass , install take a big liner (clear) piece of the film, lay over the graphic and squeege it out.

:welcome

It makes sense for simple or solid pieces likes flames but it will not work when complex graphics where you have a lot of independent elements like the flag shown below (or even more complicated) , this is where the frisket paper comes into action... I have used low tack firsket paper so far but still has a higher tackness than the film. Sorry guys I did not mean to give you all hard time.. Thanks for the help.

post-19067-1164152897.jpg

Guest haroldshouseoftint
Sorry guys I did not mean to give you all hard time.. Thanks for the help.

post-19067-1164152897.jpg

No problem, most on here are willing to help, if it is a ps adhesive, auto film, an hour was plenty of time IMO but it also depends on where you are located as to how hot it is this time of year.

I know plotters are great for graphics and save a ton of time, but try doing them free hand thats how I do all my graphics I do with film. Just a thought.

:welcome

Archived