how to learn comm +res. tinting ???

Guest razorblaze

Guest razorblaze

hey guys im looking to get into commercial and residential window tinting how did you guys learn or get your knowledge about what kind of films (Llumar,Suntek,etc...) and their different solar absorbtion rates I live in manitoba /canada (yes its cold up here ) and was wondering is their courses or whatever out there.... :krazy

Guest vclimber

There are courses you can take and they will give you basic knowledge but the real experience comes from day to day practice. If you are an auto tinter then you know a course doesn't make you an auto tinter. Working with someone experienced in flatglass is a plus. F2G charts can help with absorbtion but a lot of it is experience and general knowldge of why things break.

Guest VaTinterPMan

Just practice man.... practice practice. ive been doing auto for about 2 3 years and I still have only done like two or three residental (flat glass) Installs. Id rather be pulling a panel or heat shrinking a 2 dr dodge before doing 30 ft longs windows in a house. But thats just me I know flat is more money.

Guest Tintbds
hey guys im looking to get into commercial and residential window tinting how did you guys learn or get your knowledge about what kind of films (Llumar,Suntek,etc...) and their different solar absorbtion rates I live in manitoba /canada (yes its cold up here ) and was wondering is their courses or whatever out there.... :nope

Dartz film/TV There you can get all sorts of A Grade film and cd with instruction.

Why go any where else :DD:krazy

Guest The Instructor
hey guys im looking to get into commercial and residential window tinting how did you guys learn or get your knowledge about what kind of films (Llumar,Suntek,etc...) and their different solar absorbtion rates I live in manitoba /canada (yes its cold up here ) and was wondering is their courses or whatever out there.... :nope

Good training is the key to "hitting the ground running" :krazy

Guest VOLTRON

I would suggest taking a course, they will give you a good rundown on how to judge glass and work the film 2 glass chart and will show you some tricks of the trade for installations. That is if you have the money and time. Also practice on you storefront windows at yer shop or at yer house. Like it was said before, you will not be a flatglass tinter after you take a course, it is just designed to show you the basics, but the more you know before you start installing for money and charging customers the better off you will be.

Guest razorblaze

the responses I get, take a course...gotta get exp on ur own.... ok well WHERE can I find these courses they arent at my local college and how can I get exp. when I dont even know what film to put on what kind of window I cant just slap any old tint on certain kinds of windows that face certain directions or it will shatter blah blah blah so many things to learn but its like where do I go for this knowledge :thumb

Guest vclimber
the responses I get, take a course...gotta get exp on ur own.... ok well WHERE can I find these courses they arent at my local college and how can I get exp. when I dont even know what film to put on what kind of window I cant just slap any old tint on certain kinds of windows that face certain directions or it will shatter blah blah blah so many things to learn but its like where do I go for this knowledge :thumb

Well... the guy 2 posts up from your last has a tint school. Um... :beer

Archived