Hard day at the dealership

Guest VOLTRON

cool

Wish I had known you could do cars, IM about done now with that 180 vehicle gas company deal. Protint would be proud :eyebrows

mostly trucks ,Hell my lazyazz wouldnt be a quarter of the way through if it was all cars :lol2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
y r u quoting yerself? :lol2

did you plot them or was it all freehand?

:eyebrows:lol2

Its been one of those mornings already

All freehand. We are doing them in a shop in Mineral Wells.Some subwork to 2 tinters there,

Solarspot helps me alot and when it comes to trucks I can pick up the pace a little. :lol2

Guest VOLTRON

well that sounds like it works out well. Yea, I have about 3 cars I can tint right now but just dont know if I want to. For some reason I get irritated with auto alot easier then flat, which hardly ever bothers me. I think it is the fact that I have to work harder when doing autos and dont make as much money.

Guest vclimber
well that sounds like it works out well. Yea, I have about 3 cars I can tint right now but just dont know if I want to. For some reason I get irritated with auto alot easier then flat, which hardly ever bothers me. I think it is the fact that I have to work harder when doing autos and dont make as much money.

I've felt the same way VO| I think it is what you are used too. I took an auto tinter on a typical flatglass day and it burned him out carrying ladders and squeege'n the heck out of the AG films... Me, I'd burn my hands heat shrinking and then get stuck in the back seat of a civic or something smaller with film on my head. It's just what you are used too. :thumb

Guest VOLTRON

yea all the cars we did were 4 doors and the back glasses were pretty easy as far as getting in the back seat. I am tall and thin and pretty nimble but my knees bother me after sitting in the back of a 2 door stang for 10 minutes.

Guest Pancho The Etcher
there was 2 of us tinting for most of the day and had a third for about 2 hours. We were tinting brand new toyotas right of the transport truck.

I really dont do auto but when my buddy gets backed up at the dealership I go in to help him catch up, they tint every car on the lot. I have no problem installing the film on cars, its cutting them, I always end up with daylight somewhere except for backglass's, I can do those easier then a rollup. I just never had that much interest in auto's but I think I will start doin em.

I do VIN etching on glass windows on cars, Do Toyota dealers have their cars Vin etched as they do tinting?

The Etcher

Archived