take a long time to open a file in Corel Draw 12

Guest Hello The World

Guest Hello The World

It takes me a long time (4 or 5 mins at least) to open a file or copy & paste a graph with Corel draw 12. But it works fine with Corel draw 11. Please advice.

Guest Hello The World

I did uninstall and reinstall again and again, and try with many computers with differnt hardware config. It is still the same.

I have download the trial ver. of Corel 13, there is no different with 12. any suggestion? thanks a lot.

Display Card - NVIDIA Quadro FX3400

Processors - Intel Xeon CPU 2.80 GHZ (2 Units)

RAM - 2.0 GB

Hard Disk - 80 GB

Guest Hello The World

I found that it takes very long time with all verions of Corel draw (9, 10, 11), not only 12 or X3. I have tried to open my friend's files(5 MB size), it took within 10 sec. And My friend also tried to open my files(3 MB size), it took a long time(10 mins) to open. So that I doubt there is something wrong with my files. My friend told me don't use too much effect for those objects, it would be taken very long time to handle with it. Then I have created a object with a single effect for testing, but it's still the same(long long time). (Yes, I did virus checking)

My questions are does the program takes time to handle a object that contains more effect? what about if I create a single object with simple effect, does it still take long time to run? Does anyone know what effect may make the files to be more complex and take time to handle? Please have a try my attach file. Thank you so much for your help.

If your friends files open with no problems and your files have problems, then something is wrong with the program you are using to create or save the files. Have you tried creating something new, if it takes a long time to open it's your program if not then it's your files.

Guest Hello The World

The file is too large (3 MB), can not attach.

My friend has the problem to open my files(3 MB->10 mins to open) as well, but I have no such problem with HIS files (5 MB->10 sec to open). That's why I think it is a file problem with too many effects or maybe different design methods.

yes, there is no problem when I create and save a object with simple effect. And I've tried it with different computers and version.

Thanks for your help.

Archived