websites

I was just wanting those who have websites to post them in one thread. I would like to check them out see what is working well out there. I am working on mine right now and just trying to get more ideas of what works and wht doesnt. I have searched around the web a bunch and everytime I do I end up back here as there is no better resource. If there is already a list or easy way to find the people with websites then please point me in that direction.

Again thanks in advance.

Be carefull copying from someones website without permission, they are copyright protected. The best thing is information, that is the basic need to sell film. Pictures are the best advertising for your site, but putting a lot of pictures on your site takes to long for the page to load so use a link to an online photo album like webshots or photobucket. Don't use the same car more than once and use at the most two pictures of each car..I have seen sites with a full page of 20 pictures but only three different cars, people notice that. Don't forget to clean up the pictures, you don't need to show anything but the car and blur or color the license plate. Keep the site clean and organized and update every six months or more. Getting into searches is difficult and takes a lot of work. Don't pay for it, you can do it yourself and paying doesn't get you to the top. It took my site three months before showing up on google and now I'm at the top of the list. If anyone needs to know how that's done email me and the wife will help you out.

http://www.northshoretint.com/default.asp

Be carefull copying from someones website without permission, they are copyright protected. The best thing is information, that is the basic need to sell film. Pictures are the best advertising for your site, but putting a lot of pictures on your site takes to long for the page to load so use a link to an online photo album like webshots or photobucket. Don't use the same car more than once and use at the most two pictures of each car..I have seen sites with a full page of 20 pictures but only three different cars, people notice that. Don't forget to clean up the pictures, you don't need to show anything but the car and blur or color the license plate. Keep the site clean and organized and update every six months or more. Getting into searches is difficult and takes a lot of work. Don't pay for it, you can do it yourself and paying doesn't get you to the top. It took my site three months before showing up on google and now I'm at the top of the list. If anyone needs to know how that's done email me and the wife will help you out.

http://www.northshoretint.com/default.asp

The reason I stumbled onto this site was that I was wanting to check out others sites to see how they are promoting and laying out their's. Good pointers Marco. Thx. Guess I better charge up the batteries on my camera and get to clicking. My biggest problem is that NO tint on front doors are legal...so all I get to show is car after car of only the back tinted...any suggestions on how to make that less boring?????

Also, I was thinking of listing all the car dealers in the area that I do work for (which is about 90% of them) but many of them dont want me to let the public know that I do their tinting...(maybe the amout they are marking up the tint???)

Any advise would be appreciated.

Listing dealers isn't a good idea. Who knows who was tinting before or after you. If someone got a bad tint job from the dealer and see your name associated with that dealer it will be assumed you did it. :thumb Pictures of what you do wether legal or not is still showing your work, I doubt people will think pictures are boring all they want to see is what you can do.

Listing dealers isn't a good idea. Who knows who was tinting before or after you. If someone got a bad tint job from the dealer and see your name associated with that dealer it will be assumed you did it. :inot Pictures of what you do wether legal or not is still showing your work, I doubt people will think pictures are boring all they want to see is what you can do.

well...since I do all the graphics and lettering on the local police cars and they are stoppin by my shop all the time...unannounced..I dont do the illegal stuff...dont need the hassle. but I think I see what ya mean.

thanks for the good advice and those that have shared their ideas so far. I am hoping not to copy anyone directly but rather to gather ideas. There is definatey no intent of anything illegal with copyrights and all. I probably wouldnt even know if I had broken some kind of law until it was too late. I am using dreamweaver to do the website as I know very little about HTML. I appreciate the help and guidance thusfar.

John

Archived