Alarms, Remote Starts, Keyless Entries

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fastlanedesigns

I have a 1972 datsun and I would like to put in a keyless, remote start, and a viper alarm. Can you help? :thumb Does your maid program have the wiring for that? I need lots of help!

Guest blackglass

yah I put a remote starter in my girlfriends car and over this summer she lost the remote, how much for a new remote, I think it was a bulldog but not for sure?

here's one for ya wndo..99 tahoe, remote start/alarm (not important which brand)

guy calls and says he's having a problem with the car staying running, with the remote start it'll try to start 3 times then nothing, then with key, it'll run briefly then cut off...happened a couple times before, its intermittent...my opinion is passlock but read on....

I dropped the column and the passlock bypass is the 'learning' kind that just taps into the yellow wire as opposed to cutting it (saves a connection problem, thats why I use them) and the connection is soldered....the orange and black wire (passlock ground on this one) is soldered with the bypass as well....still NPF....I check all ignition wires/fuses/relays...all are good but truck won't fire...turns over but won't fire. so I pay closer attention to the 'security' light on the dash, as I attempt to start it comes on as it should, and goes out after a few seconds and stays out, doesn't flash as it typically would if there were a 'lock out' problem with passlock...so just as a nice jesture I leave the key on for 30 minutes (more than enough time to 'unlock' a lockout and the bypass has been completely removed at this time.....after 30 minutes still nothing....there's no fuel pressure at the schrader valve on the intake indicating fuel pump not running, and then he says "well, I didnt hear the fuel pump kick on, could that be it???" :asshat....so I climb under the truck with a test light, probe the wires that my book says are for fuel pump and there's juice.....but no fuel whatta buncha :thumb but at least the remote start isn't bad :booga

Archived