Alarms, Remote Starts, Keyless Entries

zroke, thank GOD that thing is not at my shop. I feel for ya man.

S&S, that is no problem. Peripheral makes a piece for bypassing the clutch SAFELY. I've put several on them on standards. They work great. Let me know if you are serious.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SandS I also have a unit that's safe for a 5 speed..it's fool proof and it absolutely won't start in gear. so take a trip to indiana and I'll hook ya up :)

wndo....we put it up on a hoist (at the dude's house :poop) and he and some friends dropped the fuel pump and it was gettin' voltage at the pump, but the pump wasn't running :poop :inot :nope:thumb so I was in the clear..he bought me a six pack :poop and lunch :thumb and then I went home to tinker with the alarm on my house and see if I could get codes for it and make it work...so far so good :nope:flip where there's an internet, there's codes for my alarm :thumb

Guest Me_shelli

You can find vehicle wire colrs and installation tips for any type of car or truck its www.designtech-intl.com youll have to register to gain access to the info but all you need is an email address.

Dru :dunno

:lol6

check this out, you wont believe this one. I was putting a keyless entry from autopage on a 2003 trailblazer the other day. on a trailblazer you have to use a thing called a databus to get the door locks to work so the databus is from omega. I get everthg hooked up and try it to my luck you have to hit the lock button twice to get it to lock, but only have to hit the unlock button once to get it tounock. so right off the bat I know something is wrong and call omega tech support, after trying a couple different things we were getting no where, so the guy says im gonna give you the number to the omega headquaters maybe someone there will know whats going on. so I call them and have to leave a message. while im waiting on them to call me back I decided to call autopage and see what advice they had to offer, after answering a few questions for this dude, he quickly tells me that the part from omega is bad and I needed another to get the problem fixed. I hang up and the omega dude calls me. and he goes through his routine of questions and still doesnt fix the problem. then just as we were almost ready to hang up, he says "let me ask you one more ?" I said yeah whats that. he says "is the driver door open?" I said yeah its been open since I started working on this thing. he said "shut the door and try it" so I shut the door and it worked like a dream.

who would have thoguht just because the door was open you had to hit lock twice to get it to lock. and only once if the door was shut.

magic, most of the newer GM vehicles are like that now, if you hit lock only one time with the door open, the door dinger will chime a few times, then after the last door is closed, it will lock all doors after like 5 seconds, if you press lock 2 times with door open, it will just lock all doors, my trans sport van is like that, my buddy's grand am is like that, and his bonneville is like that. sorry dude :lol

GM's are fastly becoming HUGE PITA's for security/start stuff. Databus-this, passlock-that, what a crock! Now DEI won the lawsuit against other manufacturers making databus interface stuff (Peripheral is who I use) so I can't get interfaces unless I pay out the wazoo and order DEI stuff. I don't like DEI, I don't like the way their stuff installs, Viper is over-rated and over-priced, DEI owns WAY too many different brands now. I used to be a big fan of Clifford until they went to DEI. How many different stinging insects/snakes can we have to market the same friggin' piece?

Archived