Window tint bubbles??

Guest jfox420

Guest jfox420

I just got my widows tinted two days ago from a local business and there are quite a few bubbles in it. I called and asked about it and they said it was normal the film just needed to dry out and would then would be bubble free in no more than a month- Some of the bubbles are like the size of a pencil eraser head.

Will they actually dry up or are they just yanking my chain so they don't have to replace it right away, second they said I could roll my windows up and down in three days but if I do that with the bubbles will that mess thme up??

Third there is a small place where ait looks like a hair in the film I think it stuck to itself there, that defiantely won't fix with time will it??

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal
:beer oh man.... LET IT DRY!!!!!!! and no that hairs not going anywhere but it also in no way effects the performance of your film...windows are for looking through...NOT looking at. Did they not tell you when you got it done to let it dry and not roll the windows down. customers these dayz :lol2

Guest FilmBlazer

No worries, bubbles the size of pencil eraser heads should dry up within a month like your dealer said, faster on many occasions if you are in a warmer climate. As for the hair, GOW is right on that one, the hair is there to stay. Chances are you will never see it once you stop looking for it. If it drives you crazy talk to your dealer and see what he can do for you.

Guest jfox420

Thanks for the replies, they put my mind at ease.

As for the "customers these days" comment- bussiness these days need to give you information about the tint, maybe even before hand so it doesn't seem like they're feeding you a line when you notice it on your own.

Last time I had my windows tinted (the guy went out of bussiness I guess), the film had no bubbles and only one day of no rolling down the windows.

And, I do have my own business and if there were defects or shotty workmanship (such as crinkles) I would expect to have to replace the product!!

Once again thanks for the comments!!

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

you should know that right before the "customers these days" comment of mine that I say "Did they not tell you when you got it done to let it dry and not roll the windows down" so yes the businesses should tell the customers how to care for the tint and to let it dry, I actually have a care sheet I give with my tint jobs :lol2

Archived