Alcohol for the matrix

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

Guest 1PEECBARETTA
nice tip 1 peece

My question to both of you, is if it doesnt work all the time do you think its the different type of films or the matrix :klingon Thanks

good question. I haven't tried it enough times to know. I know it works on a 02 Solara with Global qdp film :eyebrows

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FilmBlazer

What percentage alcohol should I use? And what kind of glue are most of you using for the matrix? Something like probond geared specifically for tinting industry? I have heard glue sticks also work, I'm guessing the regular old office glue stick.

I use probond adhesive promoter, but would rather go without if this 50/50 solution does the job :lol

Guest willie
What percentage alcohol should I use? And what kind of glue are most of you using for the matrix? Something like probond geared specifically for tinting industry? I have heard glue sticks also work, I'm guessing the regular old office glue stick.

I use probond adhesive promoter, but would rather go without if this 50/50 solution does the job :thumb

elmers blue glue :lol2

Worked good on a ford fusion today with OTI film :poop

Nice tip.... :lol2

The alcohol really loosens up the glue.....but dont use too much....the glue will just run off the film.

:lol2

I dont use alcohol on matrix-kills the life of the film. I had a tinter that worked for me way back when that did this-it lead to alot of warrantee work! :lol2

Guest naughtydog

I will ask again...do you only use this method with windows that have heavy matrix at the top?

I cant see how you can glue a back glass without getting contamination from lifting fim, applying glue etc.

I glue windows that can be removed or the matrix can be easily accessed , otherwise :lol2

Guest willie
I dont use alcohol on matrix-kills the life of the film. I had a tinter that worked for me way back when that did this-it lead to alot of warrantee work! :lol2

so are you just glueing or do you have another trick up your sleeve :lol2

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

I heard the same thing..thats why its just water for me just to flush the slip solution away :lol2 have you glue guyz out there ever considered the pain an R&R is when someon eglued the matrix :lol2 not to mention if you put to much glue and squeedge it out it gets on the headliner and outside of the film :lol2 thats just what I've noticed from having redo's from the other shop in town, they glued this ladys matrix...it still wasnt smooth looking, so after razorblading and scotchbrite the glue finally got out from between all those little dots and could tint it right. not noticing that there "blue goo" was stuffed under the headliner I was laying in the new piece and the goo got all over my sqeedgee and hence all over my newly laid peice of film :lol2 man I hate glue

Guest Dr.Window

I'm on the same way of thinking, water only on dot's no glue or wathever!

Works nice!

My way is

spray the center and leave a edge with nothing on it, then wen reching the edges go with pure water, it works ok with the Reflectiv films I use!

Archived