well hell

Guest Evo

Im giving up on the auto end of my tint business. Never once did I ever think when I opened this shop, I would have a problem finding a good tinter. So, what I have decided to do now, is continue to use the office space for residential and commercial work, and lease the shop part out, for now. I have placed 3 ad's in the Dallas paper, and 1 in some local papers, and NO ONE has responded. I guess there just aint any tinters around here. Who would have thought, no prob gaining customers, but cant find a tinter. :thumb

If you paid enough, you'd have one, but you'd have to jack up your rates to do it. Getting out of the auto tint biz will probably add years to your life, EVO. I'd like to can that operation also. Shady distributers, shady competition, lowballin hack installers, you name it.

If I paid enough? Hell I havent interviewed yet, and Im paying 35%. But on a good note, Im very happy to handle commercial work anyway, and I can keep my office. Im working on a display booth for the Dallas home and Garden show in feb, 04. Im really looking forward to that, and a yellow page ad comming out the end of november, so all is good, maybe someone will walk in in the spring and want to work and I can make a go of the shop again, if its not rented out. :thumb

Guest Olfablade

Evo, I've had the same problem of not finding adequate help. I ran an ad in 2 San Diego papers for 2 weekends ($350). I didn't get one call. The ad did have the line "Reliable and Responsible only". My friend told me that was the killer. :lol:thumb

Archived