Lexus Soarer tint removal

Had a Lexus Soarer dropped down the shop today. Had old tint on. Looks like original stuff from Japan judging by the smell and look of it.

Gave the guy a price to tint it and remove the old stuff for a little extra. Taken me the best part of 5 hours to remove the tint on the back glass and the rear quarters.

Definatlely earnt my money on this one! Wont be charging so little next time. Oh well, live and learn dont we? :spit

Just gotta tint it now. I know that wont take as long as taking it off anyway! :poke

Guest Marco

Stripping off the film is a guess anyways...you never really know how long it's going to take so always charge higher and if it's purple send it somewhere else :spit

Stripping off the film is a guess anyways...you never really know how long it's going to take so always charge higher and if it's purple send it somewhere else :poke

I stripped some purple tint off. I just soaked it wiht simple green, and bagged it, set it in this sun for about an hour (sort of overcast day), and it came off pretty easily. just a little steelwool and life was good :spit

btw, sorry about the lexus. man I hate removing tint. lo ciento dude

It's all tinted up now. Nice and easy. Long day, pick the next one up at 8pm and do that one before the morning. Gonna be a late night and a very long day but it's all about the money! Be about a 15 hour day I think by the end, and then a well deserved beer in the pub around the corner. :beer

Flat glass jobs tomorrow so much easier day. :DD

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

I woulda called the guy after the first half hour and told him I would have to scrape the defroster lines if its comin off that bad :beer

Guest Tom Cat
I woulda called the guy after the first half hour and told him I would have to scrape the defroster lines if its comin off that bad :evilgrin

Awesome clip!! Just what I needed to see after some of the customers I had today. :gasp

Archived