Government buildings

Guest Key West
Same here, I'm from Peru and she's a woman so we also have a double minority. I won't do goverment jobs It's not fair in any way and I wish the law would change. The best should get it not just because someone is not white or a man...legal disgrimination is what that is :shock

In this case, the best IS getting it!! I don't believe for a minute that I ever beat out a more qualified applicant, especially in my area. I have, however, gotten jobs where I was NOT the lowest bidder due to our minority status. For you NOT to play all your cards is silly.

Take a drive thru section 8 housing projects in your area. Count all the BRAND NEW cars, and TRY to add up how much money you are looking at just in rims. It pisses me off on a daily basis when I am tinting brand new BMWs, Mercedes, and Caddys for people who I know are on welfare, and my own car is held together with duct tape and baling wire.

Granted, our system is fuked up. I have worked hard ALL my life for what I have, and never played the "draw unemployment" or the minority card. Then one day I was filling out the paperwork for the city and checked the amer/ind box, just for shits and grins. BOOM. City jobs started coming. Request for bids started. I still have morals and ethics, but they make for a pretty lean diet. Banks don't take 'em either. You have to work within the system as it is. There is someone out there getting the money, and at this stage of my life, it may as well be me. I defy anyone to find a MORE qualified tinter. I know that I will get most jobs I bid on, this just helps close the deal even if I ain't the cheapest. And I DO lose a few. To whom I dont know, not that many minority tint shops 'round these parts. :thumb

And NO! I haven't done a government job in a couple of years now. The S&S seems to have dried up for now. But in within a couple of years, I fully expect the Dept of Homeland Security to require that all airports, shopping malls, sports venues, etc. anywhere that large crowds tend to congregate to have AT LEAST Security film on the glass. I am hoping anyway. :dunno

Archived