How many choices do you offer customers?

Guest FilmBlazer
:lol Any more than that they go into brainlock! It will become a life or death descision for them and you will wait forever for them to make up thier minds!!

That would be nice, but there are so many films available, all in different pricing categories. If you don't show them those options your competitor will and that spells trouble :lol

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West
Sadly, I have very very little in stock. I used it all!

But I have a museum coming up that I might use it on. They're "consulting" or something. Dude, it's a small job. The price of a roll of tint is going to cost more than I'm going to gross.

Why buy a whole roll? Almost everyone I am aware of sells it in 25' increments. One of them even sells it in 10' increments!!! Any width!!!

Guest Key West
That would be nice, but there are so many films available, all in different pricing categories. If you don't show them those options your competitor will and that spells trouble :thumb

YEP!!! Trouble for the competition. ANYONE with any sense is gonna determine what the custy hopes to accomplish with film and can narrow it down to 2 or 3 choices. I will give them no more than 3 different VLT choices, and break that down with a good, better, and best scenario. The custy then only has to decide how dark and how much they are willing to spend.

MOST all custys hate too many choices. Lets say that you give the custy your sample book, and tell them to call you with thier choice, Then I come in, determine thier objectives and give them no more than three choices and say that these three will help achieve your goal, I guarantee that I'll get the job more often than not. TOO many choices are NOT a good thing.

Guest darkdan
Why buy a whole roll? Almost everyone I am aware of sells it in 25' increments. One of them even sells it in 10' increments!!! Any width!!!

That's how I first started out.

But then I'd have NOTHING on hand. Nothing in stock. People would have to wait.

Now that I keep a few things on hand I can fill those emergency orders right away. There's been a few times already that people have called an hour later I was laying film on their windows.

Guest Key West
I ask them what their goals/concerns are and then steer them into that direction.

In stock I have NV25/35, Optitune 30/15 (talk about overlapping products), Silver 50, V-Kool 70, frost, bronze 20.

But I'll order what they need.

Not overlapping products at all. You are offering essentially the same films, one less expensive than the other.

I used to offer the NV series, but I'd UPSELL them to another, better (IMHO) film. :thumb

Guest Key West
That's how I first started out.

But then I'd have NOTHING on hand. Nothing in stock. People would have to wait.

Now that I keep a few things on hand I can fill those emergency orders right away. There's been a few times already that people have called an hour later I was laying film on their windows.

Yeah, I was just :thumb . I will generally buy extra of my best sellers so that (I can at least get a start on a job immediately. But on specialty films (Anything thats NOT a best seller) I won' even order film without a signed contract, or a deposit (50%), and then only enough to get the job done. I will still generally end up with around 72"x 20' or so. (I generally buy 72" rolls)

Guest darkdan
Not overlapping products at all. You are offering essentially the same films, one less expensive than the other.

I used to offer the NV series, but I'd UPSELL them to another, better (IMHO) film. :thumb

Well, NV doesn't come in 72" wide, thus the optitune.

But when I go to bid I take them both, but only pull out the other one if I need to.

Otherwise, by the time I get off the phone with them I have a general idea of what they're looking for. I always ask what their main concern is and then take the films needed to fill that concern.

Guest Key West
Well, NV doesn't come in 72" wide, thus the optitune.

But when I go to bid I take them both, but only pull out the other one if I need to.

Otherwise, by the time I get off the phone with them I have a general idea of what they're looking for. I always ask what their main concern is and then take the films needed to fill that concern.

Not to Hijack the thread, but since you use the NV, ever have any lo-angle "Haze" issues with it? :twocents We sure as hell do.

Guest darkdan

No one has complained. I don't see any on my house (I have a few windows done in NV25).

Are you sure it's low angle haze and not just left over liquid that needs to dry out?

Or even worse, detach that wasn't removed.

Guest Key West
No one has complained. I don't see any on my house (I have a few windows done in NV25).

Are you sure it's low angle haze and not just left over liquid that needs to dry out?

Or even worse, detach that wasn't removed.

Nope, it's a haze that occurs at certain angles of the sun. I figured that as far north as you are, I'd ask. The MFGR rep said it's inherent in the line, and that we'd have to deal with it. It's mostly with NV35, but some occurances with the 25 :eyebrows Oh well. Thanx for the reply.

Archived