Early 80s model Chevy Truck

Hey all,

quick question. Well think it is quick anyway. How do you do the front roll down windows that shift forward? I had one last night that I just couldnt get it right. First time seeing a window like that. The truck is an 82 Chevy regular cab full size truck.

Guest willie

wait till you get to the vents :lol

The way I do them is cut the inside frame first then bump it over about an 1/8th of an inch. I then cut the outside bottom about 3 inches up then bump it back to where the inside is on the frame.

I then roll the window down and cut the top and outside edge.

When applying I bump the inside edge over and leave a micro edge top and out side. You then shouldnt have to fight that bottom 3 inches.

CLEAN THE BADOOGLES OUT OF THAT GLASS

Good luck :lol

wait till you get to the vents :lol

The way I do them is cut the inside frame first then bump it over about an 1/8th of an inch. I then cut the outside bottom about 3 inches up then bump it back to where the inside is on the frame.

I then roll the window down and cut the top and outside edge.

When applying I bump the inside edge over and leave a micro edge top and out side. You then shouldnt have to fight that bottom 3 inches.

CLEAN THE BADOOGLES OUT OF THAT GLASS

Good luck :lol

:beer Thats how I do it. hate the vents on those...and the sliders...they hold sooooooooo much :beer I charge lots for em. :lol

Thank you,

I know what you mean with those vents. They did not cooporate at first either but was able to convince them to let the tint stick around.

Just when I thought I was getting good at all of this tinting thing along comes a real challenge for me. I am going to try your advice willie.

I am not sure what sliders you are talking about One Slick Tinter. Maybe back glass but it was solid and flat, just had to be really careful trimming it.

Guest autotinter

don't worry you will get lots of practice, there are alot of those trucks still around, I did one on wed, had been stored every winter, cleanest rubber seals I'v seen.

Guest willie
being mobile makes that a little tougher not impossible though.

willie quick law question. What is the legal limit on the roll down windows in texas?

25% and above net :lol

Archived