how do I compete

Guest nikluvNearl

Guest nikluvNearl

well thanks for the reply's...but I really don't use V Cool film. because the company that sells it sells a cheap ass film call ADVANTAGE, they had matico film at one point but the line was taken away from them. because they were a authorize dealer selling and installing the film and under cutting the dealers they was selling to... I use SOLAR GARD, SUN GARD, and HANITA TEK..I am about to sign up and get into using PANORAMA films.. do anyone have any input about the PANORAMA line by sun gurd?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Marco

Panorama films are Solar gard and if you have a customer base willing to spend the money for this film it's worth it but if you are having a hard time with people going the cheaper route it may be wise to hold off using a high line film like Panorama. :lol6

Guest Key West
so you should call them and tell them that you are expecting a BIG discount on your next order! Or that you expect them to let you have the job and the film at a discount.

:dunno My last order would be just that. my LAST!!! There would be NO next order.I have been thinking about using thier film until I found out that they did the same thing under a different name. They had thier distributorship snatched for it. Hearing that, and coupled with what happened here :lol2 aint happenin'! Hope they are on this board!! Does the name Comfort Vision bring back any memories? :shock

I would call and find out whats up wit dat mang :lol2 but seriously thats messed you, im glad our MMM contract keeps other dealers away, if they want top quality MMM film we are the ones they will have to go through.

It doesn't. They can come into your territory and work all day long. They just can't advertise with the 3M logo in another dealers area. Our old 3M Distributor pulled pretty much the same crap as AEGIS, selling us film, and bidding against us on large jobs. THAT kind of crap should not be allowed by the MFGRs. Christ, they can bid a job for a dollar or two over what they sell to us for and make money. :nope:nope:thumb

Guest FilmBlazer
Ever think of switching films? That's going to be about the only way to really compete with someone who uses the same thing.

Fire those mofos

Damn that sucks man, I would call that distributor and tell em im not buying from them anymore. Sounds like you bidded cheap too, that stuff usually goes for around 12 a square doesn't it? What's up with all these cheap hack tinters lately? We bidded on one the other day at 10 a square and they already had a bid from someone else for 2.30 a square :lol2 and we still got the job :lol2 The other person left them llucy automotive samples for their dp windows :dunno

Seriously $2.30 ? That sounds like my local competitor.. Somehow he stays in business :lol2

where are morals these days....I mean honestly thats wrong on so many levels...Tell them whats up next time you call, but I doubt it will get you far..Seeing that they are in the business to sell their product to you and also undercutting others in town...Sounds like a win win on their side of the board, so why would they stop...you could switch films but I doubt you could still compete...I hate to say we need regulation in this deparment of the window film world...but if more and more of this happens, thats just what it might take....

geeshes glad I dont run into this sorta problem

Guest Key West
just asking. how do you compete with a tint company that also distributors of the same product your selling.... I went to price out a tint job, and they wanted v cool film. so the customer call me today saying that they went with another company. That they beat my price about $1200.00 and I am like WTF? I added 3.25over cost to get the job. No ladders need. it was a 108 windows 3 ft X 4 ft all ground level. So I ask her who was the company, and its the company that I am buying the dam film from...I really don't want to call name. it was a 1300 sq ft job for YMCA. so now I look like I am the bad guy the over price tint shop...

You ain't gotta mention names. They have lost my business. I did a little digging and found out who they are. These people have a long track record of "back dooring" people without the courtesy of lube! :lol2:bingo:krazy:nope:nope

Guest Key West
Why not? Dealers should know about how their distributors are operating. To compete against your customers in this manner is deceitful and unethical.

I'd say E&N could post the name if he had documented evidence of it, I can't, 'cuz I have nothing concrete. Just my experience with them as Comfort Vision. To lose my business, all they gotta do is demonstrate deceitful and unethical practices. But to state definitively that they are doing the same thing under the "NEW" name would leave one open to all kinds of litigation.

They started repackaging a film under thier new name, 'cuz they probably couldn't get another distributorship after the Madico pulling thier distributorship fiasco.

The disturbing thing about it is they are gaining popularity here as a distributor. :spit The film may well be good, but I will not do business with a company that will compete against me for installation. PERIOD!!! I don't care if they offered the best film on the market at the best price. :poke:lol2:beer

had the same thing hapening over here, My llumar dealer ( who lives about 150 km from here) was installing cars in my area . he would make more money by just giving the job to us and take his 20% .

Iff they would have played it corectly with us, we surtenly would have done the same to them.

now I am using Solar gard and am very happy with the changes I've made. its a big adaptation to make but wurth every buck.

SO wat Marco said , :poke

I've you're big enough he will feel it that you're not buying any more and will try to make a deal .so nothing to lose with trying out something else. let us now the result dude :spit

Archived