2001 Checy Express Van

Guest ultimateaudio

Guest ultimateaudio

Having difficulty heat shrinking Rear Passenger Barn Door. I have about a year experience and I have done many rear windows. However, this one is difficult. The tint keeps creasing. Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas?

Guest ultimateaudio

ok...sorry...I just wanted to post something quick to see if any one had suggestions...well here is what we did....we took the glass out...two screws on top and one on the bottom so it was fairly easy to take off....we put the window on the horse....and faced the window as on the car....took a dryer sheet and then took a wet lint free towel to anchor the film down in the middle and on the sides....then proceded to heat shrink the window.....at this point the film would shrink but almost in an inward motion which would cause it to crease....tried this 2 times and still came up with the same solution.....the second time around I wet shrink to see if there was a difference and I got the same result.....

Guest coolrides
sounds like you're shrinking the film the wrong direction :lol6

yeah I agree, a madico rep gave me a sample rolled the wrong way and it wanted to pull across the window like rippling

:eyebrows

Guest ultimateaudio

hahaha...I guess I deserve to be cracked on since im a newbie.....but its all good....I appreciate the help.....the tint im using is SG HP CH 22.....I'll try shrinking the other way.....I might have the customer here sometime next week....I apprecaite the help all...any other film suggestions that will shrink better?

Guest nero004

those windows are harder then they seem, ive dry shrinked and wet shrunk them, be very carefull, I noticed it was ALOT easier using the baby powder but it seems like it takes forever, just take your time and be patient, btw you dont have to remove the glass

Archived