Door panel

Well bought my first door panel and hopefully the last. Customer brought in 07 4runner wanted to hang out while I did two fronts. No prob do it all the time right...Wrong. while dude is talking to me he says look at this. when I look at the other window I just did there is a finger at the bottom, when I turn back around I hit the door panel with my triumph blade putting a 1/2 " nick in it. Well needless to say customer notices it and says what can you do about it. Well 370 bucks later (even with bodyshop discount) I had to put on a new door panel cuz nobody around me will fix the leather on the door panel. Lesson Learned. NO CUSTOMERS IN THE BAY!!!!!!! also sh_t happens :eyebrows

That suxs :eyebrows Unfortunatly , it sounds like something that it wouldnt have mattered if the custy was there or not..hard to fix that one with epoxy :lol6

NO CUSTOMERS IN THE TINT BAY :lol6

Totally agreed!!!!

I'll put down my tools and take a break, get them to follow me back up front....

I try and discourage anyone from waiting on anything I do....

You want it done now, or you want it done right?????? :eyebrows

Cheers to that! :lol2 Sometimes they will snake, I ask them to leave the tint bay can't stand it when they watch and ask *those* questions. :beer I tell them that I do a way better job without any distractions and it's true. :lol2 There is nothing for them to see anly the finished product!

Guest Key West
that sucks.sorry to hear about that....but one ?...what are you doing using a triumph scrapper on a car? :lol2 a little over kill dont ya think.? :lol2

Cleans them roll ups in 2 swipes!!! :beer:lol2:lol2

Guest FilmBlazer
Well bought my first door panel and hopefully the last. Customer brought in 07 4runner wanted to hang out while I did two fronts. No prob do it all the time right...Wrong. while dude is talking to me he says look at this. when I look at the other window I just did there is a finger at the bottom, when I turn back around I hit the door panel with my triumph blade putting a 1/2 " nick in it. Well needless to say customer notices it and says what can you do about it. Well 370 bucks later (even with bodyshop discount) I had to put on a new door panel cuz nobody around me will fix the leather on the door panel. Lesson Learned. NO CUSTOMERS IN THE BAY!!!!!!! also sh_t happens :thumb

That sux bad... I had to replace a Charger RT door panel this year :beer Shaved a lil off the leather cleaning behind the weather strip. Doh!

Guest irishhanks2
That suxs :beer Unfortunatly , it sounds like something that it wouldnt have mattered if the custy was there or not..hard to fix that one with epoxy :thumb

tip for you small niks and cuts in leather can be fixed with super glue. used to put on katskin leather u learn fast how to fix booboos or go br :lol2:lol2 oke

Archived