new to ppf

ive done a couple ppf installs on a bmw, couple trucks and another car. they were all with kits though. my question is ... when doing bulk installs, do you use your olfa to cut the pattern after its all installed? ive been reading up on here about doing it bulk rather than kits and it makes sense but for me, I do maybe 3 a year. its not big at all around here but I want to get into it more with dealerships especially. also, when getting a "sample" from somewhere, do they give you enough to do a bumper, hood, mirrors and headlights or jsut enough to play with on something random? ive got an 04 Neon R/T that wants some ppf. its actually my cousin and he works at the local dodge dealership and I do all their tint and remote starts now so im hoping this will add on what I can do for them and boost profits when tint is slow. any links to buying in bulk would be great too! ive seen venture and 3m is probably the way to go. thanks in advance!

Guest trbergman

When you do bulk you do install the PPF first and then score the material with your olfa knife and tear the remainder off. You will want to give it a try on a scrap piece of metal that is painted first to make sure you have the hang of it and not cutting too deep into the paint. Clear coated films work the best for this method and noncoated films are harder to score without going too deep. Interwest in Colorado has a good bulk training program and they also distribute 3M. www.interwestdc.com Good luck and keep with it. It takes time just like learning how to tint.

Guest darkdan

I graduated from the Tint School of Hardknocks and decided it'd be cheaper to get some professional training. Definitely helped me throw away less film.

Archived