i can't find it in the search

Try static film. No adhesive to get in the way. The only problem is you have to re-apply it every so often.

yep , about every time you open en close the top :rollin

you could try the paint they spray on remote controle cars, thats poly carbonat and gets a lots of abuse as well ...that seems to last a while

Guest JTKSDB

Actually, it will stay on about 2 to 3 months before you have to re-apply. Static film is VERY flexible, way more than the plastic used in convertable tops. It is, however, kinda hard to find big enough material to do large windows like the rear of a Jeep. But, it is out there.

Once again, the bending plays a factor.

Low adhesion to plastic + flex = crumbling paint falling off

I've never tryed it on that kind of window before , but I'm trying out some IR paint from solar gard ( they just sell it , don't make it) . after removing the paint from a testingpanel , it peeled of in almost 1 piece...almost rubber like . ( after a week )

ps you told about PS gleu for on plastic windows , I sur hope you are right because I'm gonna do the 20 windows on my garage gate ;..so :rollin

Actually, it will stay on about 2 to 3 months before you have to re-apply. Static film is VERY flexible, way more than the plastic used in convertable tops. It is, however, kinda hard to find big enough material to do large windows like the rear of a Jeep. But, it is out there.

I had a guy come by with this film on , he told me it was done about a year ago and wanted it removed and redone because it was damaged . was pretty surprised actualy to see it still being on there :dunno

I don't think it sticks to a window like the convertable , doesn't the window bend while lowering the top ?

well the window is double right? so it would last a long time if its placed between the 2 parts? so, now I only have to find someone who is crazy and welty enough to try it out on his porche :evilgrin I'll let you know if I find one

Archived